Author Topic: Racework Carbon Rotors  (Read 548 times)

mrpercussive

Takiyaki

Re: Racework Carbon Rotors
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2024, 06:36:22 AM »
Im pretty sure Galfer rotors are lighter at the same sizes while being all metal and likely much better performing. Not worth it

rtuk

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2024, 03:51:41 PM »
Maybe have a look at these - they're a fraction of the price of those AE carbon or the Galfer ones -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005859501762.html

Likely not great for long downhills, but if the main concern is weight ...

jonathanf2

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2024, 04:21:28 PM »
Don’t do it. Kactus runs similar disc rotors and that disc design just eats up your brake pads. I’ve retired my Kactus rotors because of that issue.  If you want lightweight, try the Onirii rotors instead.

kubackje

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2024, 05:32:39 PM »
Tbh after researching the light rotor stuff I ended up buying new dura Ace rotors. Was thinking about golfers but lots of mixed opinions and there is nothing worse then noisy rotors. I swallowed few grams of difference and dura ace just look fire.

From I can 100% recommend Mana rotors. They are also pretty light but what's most important bulletproof and great looking. They don't have easy life on my gravel bike and they've been flawless. I think in terms of performance and reliability best rotors I've used.

estingo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2024, 05:08:28 AM »
Anyone here run these before? I'd save quite a bit of weight even with running centerlock adapters... Wondering about durability and performance. Thanks!

I have them on my bike but haven't tested or driven it yet. However, 1 of them was true /straight and the other one came in wobbly. I think it's maybe the packing and handling from the delivery service. Not sure if this is common but yeah if they don't work I buy others that are already proven, like the comments here. Mana, Onirii or Galfer. The Galfer will be lighter too.

mrpercussive

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2024, 07:06:14 AM »
I have them on my bike but haven't tested or driven it yet. However, 1 of them was true /straight and the other one came in wobbly. I think it's maybe the packing and handling from the delivery service. Not sure if this is common but yeah if they don't work I buy others that are already proven, like the comments here. Mana, Onirii or Galfer. The Galfer will be lighter too.

Hot dang!!! Didn't realize Galfer made light weight road bike rotors. Those claimed weights are amazing! Any real world weights out there?