Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Workswell WCB-M-062

<< < (3/141) > >>

SamSkjord:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on March 26, 2015, 03:12:29 PM ---Wow! I was kinda waiting for one of the Chendors to start selling a DW-Link style full suspension frame.  Now I wonder if a 29" version will be coming?

Here is a picture:

--- End quote ---

Am curious as to what mech you're supposed to fit on that? has a roadie braze on.

RS VR6:
You can use a road bike one? Unless the pull ratios are different on the road FD's.

SamSkjord:
Shimano road and mtb use different pull ratios, Sram decided to not make esoteric builds harder/impossible by using the same cable pull ratio on road and mtb. Road front mechs also tend to be rated for a lower difference in ring tooth count.

RS VR6:
I know the pull ratios are different for the RD's...but the front I've used a SRAM FD with my Shimano XT shifter. I know that the 6800 and 7900 up Shimano road groups have different pull ratios in the FD. I think the difference on the ratios with Shimano FD's come from where the cable attaches on the FD.

I want to say that you can run a SRAM road FD with a Shimano mountain shifter and you can run a SRAM road FD with a mountain shifter.

SRAM road and mountain have the same 1.1 pull ratio on the back.

I have SRAM Red on my road bike and X0 on the mountain.

SamSkjord:
Now that is interesting, you may have just solved a problem I was having with a build  :D

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version