Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 235616 times)

d34n

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2015, 05:26:10 PM »
I thought that was the lock ring.. but the top collar looks non-existant.. It has the cut out like a lock ring..

RS VR6

« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »

And now some word about building experience.  >:(
-Upper hole for rear brake hose was almost impossible to reeve because the frame hose attached to hole was cut to 5-7cm instead off have it ending down at BB hatch. No way I could hit frame hose and pull it outside the upper hole. After so many trials and errors (tried even with NdFeB magnet) I took some cord and pull it down to the hatch, tie it to j-bend spoke and screw the spoke into the brake hose coming/peeping from chainstay direction. I started gently pulling up the cord and somehow the brake hose was out.
-Rear brake postmount wasn't perpendicular to the disc. it wasn't much so I file it down. It's ok by eye, but I'm gonna search for some LBS with ParkTool DT-4 to make it perfectly flat.
-Shifter cable and housing, was nightmare. Any way, if you can try to pull cable housing all the way through the frame from shifter to derailleur, don't combine with those tiny (inner) transparent cable housings.

Sorry for poor image quality, will put some more soon

Good looking ride!

I had a real hard time with the brake hose. I don't know why WW did the tube inside the frame like that. It took me all afternoon and part of the early evening to get the Shimano hose through the tube. I ended up cutting part of the tube inside the frame and was finally able to get the hose through the tube. I was able to poke a wire into the brake hose and pulled the hose through the tube. It's something I don't want to do again...ever. >:(

The shift housing was much easier. I did have to widen the holes under the bottom bracket to get the housing through. I didn't have any issues with the rear brake mount.

I've got a problem with my build. The last parts for my build just arrived from Germany, and the headset I ordered KCKC KHS F13 https://www.bike-components.de/en/KCNC/KHS-F13-ZS44-28-6-ZS56-40-Steuersatz-p36388/ doesn't fit the frame. I thought it would being 1 1/8 to 1,5". I didn't get the original headset supplied with the frame, so does anyone know what I need to order for it to fit this frame and my new Rockshox SID XX Tapered?

Any help would be much appreciated  - feeling kind of bummed not being able to put it together tonight as planned :-[

Did the frame not come with a headset? If it did...just use it.  :)
Headsets make very little difference. Its just two bearings, a race, and some shims.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:22:48 PM by RS VR6 »

LHSN

« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2015, 03:04:04 AM »
Looks good - did you start that ride all the way down by the buildings? Looks like you've got a whole bunch of climbing available! :D
Yes, lots of climbing and lots of descending, and this not even half of height to the peak. :) You can choose either only climb in one direction to 1000m height, and just descent back down to town or ride short climbs/descents or combine both all the way through the forest "hiking" trails.

Maybe not immediately, but I would suggest checking tension on your wheels. Bikestacja has great prices but the lacing skills of the people there are not the highest (I have on set from them for about 6 years now)
thanks for information, I would check the tension regularly regardless which wheels I ride  :) maybe they are more experienced now after 6 years  :D

How tall are you LHSN? And what size of stem are you using?
I'm 180cm, 90mm stem. If you're between 175-180cm I would suggest 18.5" and shorter stem rather than 17" and longer stem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:06:16 AM by LHSN »

bxcc

« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2015, 04:26:58 PM »

Here are a couple more pictures

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
I like the yellow graphics on the black frame.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Keldorff

« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »
Finally got my Workswell up and running.

Think I'm gonna call it "Black Mamba" or something like that. It's not quite finished yet. Still waiting for a carbon handlebar to finish up the build. And maybe I'll put another stem on the bike as well.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the build.

ottoreni

« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »
Looks nice ...

How tall are you and what size did you go with?

Keldorff

« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2015, 02:26:40 PM »
I'm 176cm and went with the 17" frame. Fits like a glove  ;)

ottoreni

« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »
That bike looks fast just standing there :o

cmh

« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2015, 05:33:17 PM »
Looks good - did you start that ride all the way down by the buildings? Looks like you've got a whole bunch of climbing available! :D
Yes, lots of climbing and lots of descending, and this not even half of height to the peak. :) You can choose either only climb in one direction to 1000m height, and just descent back down to town or ride short climbs/descents or combine both all the way through the forest "hiking" trails.

*le sigh*

We're lucky if we can have a single climb with 100m of vertical. Some short and steep stuff, but on the whole no really long climbs available around here. (Northeast US, PA)

cmh

« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
Finally got my Workswell up and running.

Think I'm gonna call it "Black Mamba" or something like that. It's not quite finished yet. Still waiting for a carbon handlebar to finish up the build. And maybe I'll put another stem on the bike as well.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the build.

All black, level stem that's *almost* slammed, whole buncha seatpost and a 1x drivetrain. I believe the clinical term for that bike is "Pro as f$#%". :D

Looks awesome!

LHSN

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:02 AM »
I think that stem longer than 100mm is overkill on 29er. You get that truck steering feel :) 

these 7075-T6 stems are great. super stiff and have very hard anodizing. don't ask me how I found out cuting the steerer with pipe cutting tool. The stem milled the cutting tool. and anodizing stayed untouched :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:18:35 AM by LHSN »

bxcc

« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »
So here are some updated pictures. I found some like new take off wheels for cheap to run for now. My plan is to get some wide carbon / hope wheels (when the budget allows) to split the summer duty with these DT wheels as gravel grinding wheels. Until then, these will be the main summer wheels. My LBS is closed today so I wasn't able to run any cables or mount the front caliper as I need a 180 adapter and some longer housing. Once my 11 spd XT stuff shows up, I will rob the drivetrain off of my 5010 to put on this bike.

Here is the spec list as it should be once finished in a week or so.
Frame: Workswell 062 18.5" BSA
Fork: Workswell 15mm full carbon rigid (squishy fork eventually)
F Brake: SLX 180 CL rotor
R Brake: XT 160 CL rotor
Stem: Stylo 90mm
Bars: Enve DH (cut to 710mm)
Headset: FSA supplied by Workswell
Seatpost: Carbon setback post from eBay seller cfbstore
Post clamp: Circus monkey QR
Crankset: Sram XO carbon 175mm
Ring: Wolftooth DM 34 tooth
Chain: SLX 10 speed
Cassette: XT 11-36 tooth
R derailleur: Saint M820
Wheels: DT Swiss XRRS (consists of XR400 rims, 350 straight pull hubs, DT aero comp spokes as per DT tech support)
Tires: Bontrager XR2 29x2.2

Total weight should be around 21 pounds.

cmh

« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2015, 07:52:37 AM »
I think that stem longer than 100mm is overkill on 29er. You get that truck steering feel :) 

I think that statement oversimplifies bike geometry. My new Epic has a 110mm stem and most definitely does not steer like a truck.  ;D

RS VR6

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »
Good to finally see the builds coming in! I don't feel so alone anymore.  ;D

I really like the way this frame rides.

From this past weekend.