Author Topic: Thoughts on the CS-106 Model?  (Read 2195 times)

Dopaminer

Thoughts on the CS-106 Model?
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:55:29 AM »
Greetings all,

Happy to find this wealth of information and observations - I really enjoy reading everyone`s opinions and experiences.  I am still in the frame-choosing state.  I was originally going to go with Yeoleo but now am leaning more toward this Peter person that everyone seems to recommend.  I am planning a 1x11 city/light trails bike, possible with rigid fork. I have built several bikes over the years - currently I am on a 2011 Intense Uzzi and my roadbike is Wilier Izoard. The latter was my first carbon build. 

I was wondering if anybody had any more thoughts on the CS-106 model on Peter`s site (vs the well-respected o57).  The 106 looks suspiciously like Intense`s Hard Eddie 29er hardtail; I am assuming they just bought a generic frame from a chinese/taiwan frame builder and branded it.  I don`t seem to see many people commenting on that frame.  I am a larger rider (188cm and 95kg) and not interested in weight saving at the expense of integrity.  But I do love the whole concept of these factory-direct unbranded frames and so may just go with the 057 for peace of mind.  And it comes in a 21" while the 106 is only 20"....

To be honest, I prefer the lines of the 106 - top tube and seat stays one continuous curved line, like the Hard Eddie. 

Any comments or links are welcome.  I`m looking forward to this winter build/project!

d
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:19:04 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Sitar_Ned

Re: Thoughts on the CS-106 Model?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 11:26:48 AM »
Hope you don't mind, I split your comment into it's own thread. Doubt you'd get the specific advice that you're looking for in the introduction thread.

Sorry, I don't know too much about the 106, but here's a quick link to get you started: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,793.msg8655.html#msg8655

Welcome to the forum!

cmh

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
seat_boy had a 106 that he sold here - I narrowly missed out on buying it. I remember this because he also had some great blog posts about the 106 and Chiner hardtails in general. Couldn't find the post I'm thinking of, but it looks like he's still active, so if you look back through his blog for anything about the 106, I'd bet you find plenty of good info:

http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/

Aha, I couldn't just give up, and I managed to find the particular post I was looking for. This was an excellent resource as I was learning about Chiners: http://bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/2013/11/chinese-carbon-bike-frames.html

cmh

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
Personally, I love that the 106 still has external routing. I think internal routing looks good, but offers no benefits and is far too much of a pain in the ass when it comes to maintenance, but I'm in the minority.