Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Can 29er MTB frame assembled with 27.5er wheels?

<< < (9/17) > >>

SportingGoods:
Thanks! Indeed, it's good to see the 27.5+ in action. It tells a lot more then words.

That's in the French Alps (near Grenoble). The snow session is 25 minutes drive from home. The second one you added a comment is my lunch ride, no car, just get out and ride. That's actually the trail I used to benchmark 27.5+ vs. 29". I know, I'm lucky :)

Patrick C.:
Awesome video- thanks for sharing!  Makes me want to move to Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Tahoe, etc...

Looks like you stayed in the ski tracks most of the time- did you ever get off into untracked snow?  That's probably hard to find in the ski area, but just wondering how well it does in soft snow.  How do your regular 29er tires compare on the packed snow?

SportingGoods:
Thanks Patrick. Very easy to answer that:
- Forget about fresh snow. Even a fat bike can't handle 3 feet of powder. Well, even a snowboard can't handle that without speed/slope. No way a bike will, whatever the tire width. You immediately plunge into the white :)
- My buddy was on 29er, pretty aggressive tires and was doing fine too. Going up I still had more traction then he did. Going down his skills made up 10x for the tire width :)

Carbon_Dude:
SportingGoods, thanks for sharing, that was a really nice video of riding in the snow.  I think it would take me some time to learn how to ride packed snow with the lower amount of grip.  I may even want spikes on my tires :).

Also, nice choice of music, I'm also a big fan of Daft Punk.

cmh:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on February 05, 2016, 10:06:29 AM ---Also, nice choice of music, I'm also a big fan of Daft Punk.

--- End quote ---

Agreed - when the second song started, I just smiled - perfect choice. Was also listening to the Ki: Theory today after the other video. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version