Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Can 29er MTB frame assembled with 27.5er wheels?

<< < (12/17) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
Thank you for posting those measurements SportingGoods.  I will check both my Chiners when I get back from riding this evening and report back if I think your setup will fit on either my -057, -036 or both.

Patrick C.:
The -057 frame is going to be very tight :( 

I may have to switch to a WTB in the rear, which is disappointing since my 29er 2.4 Continentals are 59 mm wide.  I guess an extra 3 mm all around is a lot more volume, but it doesn't sound like it.

Carbon_Dude:
Currently my Suguaro tires are 57mm wide so for me it would be a 10mm increase in the rear.  On my -057 frame, I am measuring 74mm at 13.5" from the axle.  So that would give me 3-4mm per side of clearance.  That's a bit tight but at least a WTB TB would fit.

SportingGoods:
I just want to highlight that you need minimal clearance with WTB as the wide point is the side of the tire. It won't catch mud and get wider. On the other hand, the NN's wide point will get even wider with mud as it is on the tread. You need a lot of clearance for the NN.

Carbon_Dude:
Looking at the WTB Trailblazer tire, the tread isn't exactly my choice for grip, the pattern appears like it would roll fast but I can see the grip would not be as good as a Nobby Nic or the WTB Trail Boss 3.0.

Would be nice if there was a 67mm wide choice that had the tread blocks spaced a little further apart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version