Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Should I get the 057 or 256??

<< < (18/18)

bremerradkurier:

--- Quote from: Zabran on May 15, 2015, 11:34:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on March 28, 2015, 07:16:01 AM ---Regardless if you chose IP-057 or IP-256, or even some other model, I highly recommend the following options when people order their frame:

Bottom bracket -->  My recommendation is to choose BSA if possible.
BSA has proven reliability, large bearing surfaces, works with most all crank options, no press tools required, far fewer instances of creaking or bearing problems.

UD/3K/12k carbon weave --> UD is said to be the lightest but is very plain looking (no weave), 3k is the typical, classic, tight carbon weave pattern and is what I like, 12k is a wide weave.  See picture below:

Matte/Glossy Finish:  This is personal preference, both look great.

Don't forget, many of the Chinese vendors will also paint your frame a custom color/pattern for around $75 extra.  Rather than getting a plain black frame, consider a custom paint job, they have some great colors available.

--- End quote ---

Two questions:

1.) My mechanic friend tells me PF30 is the better BB style to use.  Is it generally passed over by most due to needing press tools to install the cups/bearings?

2.) Are all of these bikes built with a UD base weave, then the top most layer is customized for the look of certain weaves?  I heard that UD was the strongest of the weaves, and thats why most new CF bikes are UD?

--- End quote ---

BSA is also easier to live with if you have internal cable routing and need to install new ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version