Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

CS-092SL disc brake road bike build

(1/12) > >>

Joelk:
I ordered a CS-092SL disc brake road bike frame from Peter at http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com earlier this week.  This is a disc brake thru axle road bike.
Peter estimates 45-50 days so I will be adding some more info on the frame, parts ordered, and ongoing updates in the coming weeks.

Geometry

Picture

Joelk:
A little technical info:
It uses a BB86 bottom bracket, 100 x 15mm 100 x 12mm front thru axle, 142 x 12mm rear thru axle, and a proprietary D shaped seatpost that comes with the frame and fork.

It uses the new flat mount road brake standard, which can use a 140mm or 160mm front rotor (depending on the orientation of the front brake mounting plate, and a 140mm rear rotor (which can be changed to a 160mm rotor with an adapter plate).

My plans:
Mostly Shimano Ultegra 2x11 build
Shimano ST-RS685 shifters/brake levers and BR-RS805 brake calipers.
Hope hubs
TM38C-25 tubeless ready carbon clincher rims, 25mm wide, 38mm deep, no brake track(from Peter).
Carbon B6 bars (from Peter).
Going to use a 100mm stem I have laying around until I decide what length I want.

Edited to correct front axle size to new specs.

bclem05:
Looks awesome, when are you supposed receive your frame? I'm hoping to place an order in a month or so, planning ultegra di2. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Joelk:

--- Quote from: bclem05 on September 20, 2015, 09:23:19 PM ---Looks awesome, when are you supposed receive your frame? I'm hoping to place an order in a month or so, planning ultegra di2. Looking forward to seeing your build.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Peter said 45-50 days on the frame, and 15 days on the rims, plus shipping, as they all had to be made for my order.

I will update as parts, from xmcarbonspeed and elsewhere (Ultegra, but not di2), arrive with weights and pics, along with my impressions.  Just keep in mind I am a mountain bike guy building a road bike as I find myself riding my hard tail on the road when the trails are wet/muddy.

carbonazza:
Thank you for the geometry information.
I'm quite desperate to find a frame that suits my odd long leg/short torso proportions.

For now only the gravel bikes of the big brands seemed an option.
But this one, with a 90mm stem could do it.

Do you know the tire clearance of the CS-092 ?
Can we ride 28mm+ on it ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version