Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

CS-092SL disc brake road bike build

<< < (2/12) > >>

Joelk:
Peter said the max tire size is 28. 

I hope I can still fit 28s on the 25mm (17mm inside width) rims I am getting.  That will be the first thing I check when the frame arrives.

Vipassana:
I'm very excited to see your build thread.  I would like to build one of these frame soon when I have the funds.

Joelk:
Parts are starting to roll in.  If anyone wants weights or anything just let me know.
Ultegra cranks, derailleurs, cassette, and Hope hubs

The flat mount road brakes and 160(f)/140(r) rotors

Hopefully the rims ship soon so I can get the spokes ordered, and build them up while I wait, as patiently as I can, for the frame.

carbonazza:
Thank you for the update.
Did you roughly estimate the final weight of the bike?

I thought the Hope hubs were not appropriate for a road bike.
On their website, they do not advertise it as such, may be just for their weight?

Joelk:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on September 30, 2015, 05:00:07 PM ---Thank you for the update.
Did you roughly estimate the final weight of the bike?

I thought the Hope hubs were not appropriate for a road bike.
On their website, they do not advertise it as such, may be just for their weight?

--- End quote ---

No estimate on the weight.  I am not going weight weenie on this as I weigh about 215.
I will post the weight of the carbon parts from Peter/xmcarbonspeed.com when I get them, and the final bike weight when done.

This frame uses a 15x100 100x12 front thru axle and a 142x12 rear thru axle so I decided to use the same hubs I use on the MTB as I am comfortable with them and the cost is quite reasonable.  I did have to change the freehub to a 11 speed shimano style, which can be done on the newer Hope MTB hubs.  I am also going with 32 spokes.  That way I can always use the wheels on the MTB with just a freehub change if I ever wanted to.  If I really love the road bike I will build some lighter wheels, still with carbon rims from Peter, later.

Edited as the spec on the fork got changed to 100x12.  Fortunately Hope has 100x12 endcaps available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version