Chinese Carbon MTB > Fat Bikes

My N019 Build, NASA themed!

<< < (3/13) > >>

cmh:

--- Quote from: MTNRCKT on October 15, 2015, 09:31:57 AM ---... with the "Walmarty" effect....

--- End quote ---

Not to be confused with Walmarty McFly, the time-travelling bargain hunter. ^_^

rvc:

--- Quote from: cmh on October 15, 2015, 12:36:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: MTNRCKT on October 15, 2015, 09:31:57 AM ---... with the "Walmarty" effect....

--- End quote ---

Not to be confused with Walmarty McFly, the time-travelling bargain hunter. ^_^

--- End quote ---

:D

My frame has arrived to the NYC sorting center after a 7 day journey from Xiamen! Fingers crossed it doesn't get detained for some reason.

I had to change my tactics a bit on sourcing the 45NRTH tires. Every single online retailer, including the one I ordered from (Erik's) is actually backordered on the Husker Du's. Disappointing news. I was about to order the Fat B Nimble when Google found a pair at my local REI, at the same price as listed online.  I was stunned! An hour later, I had them on my shelf. 1255 and 1270 grams each, good to go!

My pile shrine of future fb parts is growing nicely...

cmh:

--- Quote from: rvc on October 20, 2015, 10:04:28 AM ---My frame has arrived to the NYC sorting center after a 7 day journey from Xiamen! Fingers crossed it doesn't get detained for some reason.

I had to change my tactics a bit on sourcing the 45NRTH tires. Every single online retailer, including the one I ordered from (Erik's) is actually backordered on the Husker Du's. Disappointing news. I was about to order the Fat B Nimble when Google found a pair at my local REI, at the same price as listed online.  I was stunned! An hour later, I had them on my shelf. 1255 and 1270 grams each, good to go!

--- End quote ---

Great news! I was riding with my cousin this past weekend, and he was on his fat bike with Husker Dus. Now, mind you, he's a Cat 1/Pro rider, so that might have had something to do with it, but he did JUST FINE with those tires. :) His were pretty shredded, I'd call them shot, but he certainly didn't seem to think so.

Looking forward to your build, although maybe not quite as much as you.

Oolak:

--- Quote from: rvc on October 20, 2015, 10:04:28 AM ---

--- End quote ---

All hail the pile!   ;D

I think the Nasa theme is a frkn sweet theme for one of these bikes. Ahh.. the blue wheels.. I don't know. I can kinda understand what you guys mean with Walmart-esque (I refuse to say the word! ;D) look but on the other hand, I think it might've looked really cool. Especially with the Nasa theme. That said, I guess you don't want to be taking risks when you're dropping big bucks, and the carbon weave is guaranteed to look bad ass.

cmh:

--- Quote from: Oolak on October 20, 2015, 08:01:13 PM ---I think the Nasa theme is a frkn sweet theme for one of these bikes. Ahh.. the blue wheels.. I don't know. I can kinda understand what you guys mean with Walmart-esque (I refuse to say the word! ;D) look but on the other hand, I think it might've looked really cool. Especially with the Nasa theme. That said, I guess you don't want to be taking risks when you're dropping big bucks, and the carbon weave is guaranteed to look bad ass.

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that NASA has used some carbon fiber every now and then! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version