Author Topic: Recommendations for integrated handlebar?  (Read 3811 times)

Linsook

Re: Recommendations for integrated handlebar?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2024, 11:36:24 AM »
Alright that photo of the gap was bothering me.  I took a construction knife to the top cap area and cut/chiseled/scrapped off some material.  Much better.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2024, 03:44:49 PM »
So far so good.  Had to use carbon paste on both sides of the spacer insert and torque it up to 7-8nm to stop it from moving.  Might be an issue with my fork, I seem to always have this problem. 

Rigid under high load so has an assured feel when putting down the watts.  Looks great also.  Top cap is unfortunate lol.  I'm thinking about shaving down some material myself to make it sit better.  The provided aluminum bike mount is great, really firm and has several optional attachments. 

Would I recommend this?  Yes and no, the only problem being the top cap, if you can overlook that, it's a solid handlebar.

That looks like the wrong top cap frankly. They must have sent you the top cap of another handlebar. I lave a Lexon Vero here and although it created also issues (serious ones), the top cap is fine for it.

Linsook

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2024, 04:16:22 PM »
That looks like the wrong top cap frankly. They must have sent you the top cap of another handlebar. I lave a Lexon Vero here and although it created also issues (serious ones), the top cap is fine for it.

Ya I wish that were the case so I could go back to them but it matches their marketing material as well as product photos on their listing.  100% crappy forming on mold for this area.

Did a double take on the listing.  If you zoom in, it's not great on their marketing as well... https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Sa8d74c26ab6943a3af0cdc7d28a56e60Y.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 04:23:05 PM by Linsook »