Chinese Carbon MTB > 26er & 27.5 (650b)

John's 26er Build for the Kiddo

<< < (6/6)

watarski:
I'm about to do the exact same thing for my daughter since she's outgrown her 24" Islabike. I see where you had some issues with the headset fitment. Did you ever get that resolved? Would you buy the white frame (Dashine) again, or get a black one from a different manufacturer?

jwilds1:

--- Quote from: watarski on July 03, 2017, 06:40:43 PM ---I'm about to do the exact same thing for my daughter since she's outgrown her 24" Islabike. I see where you had some issues with the headset fitment. Did you ever get that resolved? Would you buy the white frame (Dashine) again, or get a black one from a different manufacturer?

--- End quote ---

Headset issues not 100% resolved, maybe 94%.  There was some definite gap in the upper after installing the bearing.  I did my best to shim out the gap using cut up strips of aluminum cans.

If another manufacturer offered a 14" frame, I would consider it.  I'm just hoping I can get one more year out of this before he outgrows it (he's almost 13 now, and growing at a rate of 0.25" per month)

watarski:
Thank you for the reply John.  I just got my frame, but I'd like to upgrade the headset...I can't find specs anywhere!  I know it's integrated (IS)...but that's about it. Can you provide me what headset you purchased?
Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version