Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Danish CS-036 build

(1/12) > >>

karstenhorn:
Hello all

First of all thanks for providing this huge amount of good info, making it so much easier to choose a good Chinese vendor when in marked for a new MTB. I have just ordered a CS-036 from Peter and I'm presently collecting the few bits and pieces that I'm missing for this build. As I will use a 2 x 10 SRAM X9/X0 gear group, I would like to get a good suggestion of a front dérailleur that will fit the frame? There are so many different 2 x 10 shifters from SRAM and I'm unsure witch one that will fit the frame. Also, I have a tapered Manitou Tower fork and was looking for some advice on a quality headset that will fit.

Thanks in advance and kind regards from Denmark

Karsten

Carbon_Dude:
I don't run a front derailleur on my 036.  For the headset, the NECO headset is pretty good and very inexpensive from Peter.  If your order has not shipped yet, maybe you can get Peter to add it to your order.  Another option that is reasonably priced is the Cane Creek headsets.  I don't remember exactly what size to order though.

MTB2223:
Some info about the headset: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,506.msg9118.html#msg9118

karstenhorn:
Thanks, I will contact Peter regarding the headset - No one that do have a 036 with a front shifter to share experience ?

Thanks

Karsten

MTB2223:
I think you need a direct mount front derailleur like the E-type (E2) of Shimano. Be aware, there're two models (S2 and S3). I don't have a  036, but my 256 has these types and on the picture ot hte 036 it looks like the same system. In my topic about my IP-256 there's some information about these two models....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version