Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Danish CS-036 build

<< < (2/12) > >>

karstenhorn:

--- Quote from: MTB2223 on January 18, 2016, 03:02:50 AM ---I think you need a direct mount front derailleur like the E-type (E2) of Shimano. Be aware, there're two models (S2 and S3). I don't have a  036, but my 256 has these types and on the picture ot hte 036 it looks like the same system. In my topic about my IP-256 there's some information about these two models....

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your feedback, it is indeed very much appreciated. I do find it a little strange that Peter is selling a frame and don't know what FD's that will fit. Did you get more experience using the SRAM FD? I mean, with the lining of the cable on the Shimano E2 type, it looks like a matter of time before I will either break the inner cable or it will cut through the frame exit :( I do plan on a X0/X9 setup, so a SRAM FD will be perfect.

Yet again thanks

Karsten

karstenhorn:
I got my frame last Monday and starting to put it together. First issue is the bolts holding the rear shock(Manitou), I do have the shims sorted out but where on eart do I find the bolts holding the shock ?

I need 1 x 34 mm long and 1 x 40 mm long - Both 8 mm outside diameter.

Thanks

Karsten

karstenhorn:
Btw here is a few random pictures of today's build, stem/handlebar and rims are interim until I get my permanent stuff.

As you all can see, I got "inspired" by somebody else colour scheme here  8)

Carbon_Dude:
Looking very nice!  Yes, your color scheme looks very familiar :).  Except I have white wheels.

karstenhorn:
Yes, black and white..... Yin and yang.... I will eventually end up with 3K glossy rims

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version