Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Workswell WCB-M-078 Plus frame

<< < (3/8) > >>

groussere:
Sorry again for more questions, but did you order a carbon wheelset to fit this frame? I've seen the 42 or 50 mm sets with boost 110/148 hubs, but haven't heard of anyone trying them. Just wanted some feedback on them. Thanks!

bxcc:
I'm not sure about the dropper post. I know there isn't a factory option but like you said, it may run down and around the BB. From there it could go up the downtube and possibly out one of the brake or shifter cable holes. I say possibly because the holes have a cover plate that the cable just fits through. But two cables may fit if you do not use the cover plate. I can do some experimenting when I get home on Sunday but I'm pretty sure you could make something work. To elaborate a little, the cover plates are 2 pieces. One is the cover and one is the base. The base has a oblong hole for the cable and one end has a hole threaded to secure the cover plate. The base is bonded into the frame during the layup process. You can grind or file the base to make the hole bigger to fit two cables. To do this, you will only be filing the aluminum base not the carbon structure so there shouldn't be any safety issues.

All of my wheel parts are ordered but nothing has arrived yet. I opted for the RM950C rims from Peter at XMCarbonspeed. I ordered them a week ago but I haven't gotten any updates yet. Judging by his FB posts of the Taipei bike show, I'm assuming he is there and the rims will have to wait. As for hubs, I went with Hope Pro4 boost hubs in orange. I wanted lime green I9 hubs but I couldn't justify the extra $200 when I have been very happy with my other Hope hubs. So orange it is.

Feel free to ask all the questions you want. That's what these forums are for. To help us all blow out disposable and sometimes non-disposable income on bike stuff.

groussere:
Thanks bxcc, I see what you mean about the cover plates and possibly fitting 2 cables through them, although it would make me nervous to buy the frame and then find out that it can't be done with an internal dropper post.

It seems like the chinese vendors still aren't up to date on any internal routing for dropper posts, which is unusual. I would think they would be including more for internal posts and less for front derailleurs since that seems to be the trend.

Looking forward to seeing your fully assembled bike with the carbon rims.

bxcc:
Orange Hope hubs have arrived and they look pretty sweet. I also ordered some Aerolite spokes instead of DT Comps so that will help save a little over a 100 grams on the wheels. And as far as rims go, I ordered the 50mm rims with reinforced spoke holes from Peter

bxcc:
Quick update. Wheels are done! Putting the finishing touches on the bike and might get it out for a bit this week. Will post bike pics later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version