Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Deciding between 057, 256, or 041

<< < (6/7) > >>

multispoke:

--- Quote from: cmh on September 14, 2016, 01:55:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: carbonazza on September 14, 2016, 02:28:38 AM ---The 041 had a bad batch with a defect on the seatpost.
It has been fixed now.

--- End quote ---

...so the question is what will break next. Maybe nothing, but it seems (based on my statistically invalid sample of 1 frame and others I've read about here) that when you sign up for a newish/early batch Chiner frame, you get to be the beta tester. The crack that showed up on the 041 happened so frequently and under such ridiculously easy riding conditions, it's pretty evident there's no real testing happening of the new frames. It's great when you have a two year warranty with a reputable seller -- but when you spend a couple months waiting for the replacement to arrive (to be fair most of the delay was waiting for a new batch with the fix) that's time you might be without a bike. Maybe the 041 will be the next 057, but my recommendation remains to wait for others to prove it and stick with the 057.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the input, and I do see your point very clearly. None of us really knows how much R&D and testing goes into these frames, or where they get their ideas from. I'm not saying that the people designing the bikes are inexperienced idiots, but you just never know what level of scrutiny the designs are subjected to.

And as mentioned above, anyone have Stack/reach numbers for the 057?

carbonspinner:
CMH, did you get this built? are there pics?  looking for a hardtail for my wife...  you got the 041?

cmh:

--- Quote from: carbonspinner on October 27, 2016, 04:01:57 PM ---CMH, did you get this built? are there pics?  looking for a hardtail for my wife...  you got the 041?

--- End quote ---

I didn't build the new one, we decided to go another route. If you're looking for a hardtail for your wife, I'm actually selling the brand new replacement 041 - size medium, with all the bits that went with it, seatpost, seat clamp, handlebars, extra frame fittings from the previous bike, axle, two derailleur hangers, etc.

helio:
im 1,70m weighting 78kg, so for a cyclist, im a heavy guy. I ride mostly single tracks, love to jump, and my 1 year old cs-041 is flawless, I've actually ordered a new 15" cs-041 frame, because the 17" feel a bit big, with the seat being on the same height as the bars.

medic1013:
Any recent buyers of 041? I'm on the line between the 041 and 057. That -250g difference on the 041 looks real appealing. Also like the looks of it better. Just looking for any recents first hand opinions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version