Author Topic: Can I get a complete bike?  (Read 2079 times)

Fil

Can I get a complete bike?
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »
Hi all

I'm looking to end up with a rigid HT 29er.
Is there any supplier/OEM that will supply a complete bike (or as near as) from China?
I'm not against build one up (done it in the past, albeit many years ago), but wondered if it'd be better value to source a complete bike, if at all possible - budget is my priority.

My ideal spec:
HT 29er 18", 142x12
rigid fork 15mm
carbon stem/bars/seatpost
carbon wheels
everything 3k matte
no graphics
1x11
hydro brakes

(I'm in the UK, should that make any difference)

Thanks!

Carbon_Dude

Re: Can I get a complete bike?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »
I believe Peter at xmcarbonspeed.com will build and ship a complete bike for you.  Could not say if it would be any cheaper than assembling the bike yourself.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Arraider

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
i would say go to canyon website to have a price point (something you like) and the compare with the options: all assembled from china or buy yourself the parts and either assemble yourself or with the help from a LBS.

i don't know about UK, but in my country you have to take into account the customs "fee"  ;D

Fil

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 11:08:36 AM »
i would say go to canyon website to have a price point (something you like) and the compare with the options: all assembled from china or buy yourself the parts and either assemble yourself or with the help from a LBS.

i don't know about UK, but in my country you have to take into account the customs "fee"  ;D

There's nothing on the canyon site (or similar 'direct' brands) that would do something similar to what I want for even close to my budget...
I think I need to talk to Peter at xmcarbonspeed.com

RS VR6

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
You can but the frame, wheels, fork, seatpost from a vendor in China. The rest of the parts like the drivetrain bits through Chain Reaction or Evans.

Patrick C.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »

budget is my priority.

carbon wheels

Ummm.... These two are just a bit at odds.  :) 

There will always be tradeoffs, but if you want a complete build on a budget I think your best bet is finding a closeout deal from an online seller.  You won't have any options on the build, but it probably will be the least cost route. Several have popped up over the last year or so.  Dengfu and a few other Chiner vendors do complete bikes, but I don't know how their prices compare or if you have any options on the build.