Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Elliptical Chainrings. Thoughts?

<< < (3/9) > >>

ottoreni:
Looking for some advice..  I didn't want to start a new thread so I am posting here.

I picked up a Chinese Oval ring for 104 BCD spider.  I have a mounting problem.

Here is the problem ....

The tabs are too long and do not permit it to fit the SRAM spider.  Please see the pictures ... I compare to the old SRAM ring and the SRAM spider.  Hopefully there is some simple solution that someone can tell me.

The Chinese seller seems to not understand or is purposely playing dumb.

ottoreni:
Pictures

carbonazza:
If the holes fall in to place, you can use a file to remove the part of the tabs that are too big.
If the holes are out of the axis, and you bought it from aliexpress, open a dispute showing pictures, and generally they reimburse.

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: 325racer on May 16, 2016, 04:47:02 PM ---I'll be doing a race next Thursday evening, so I'll let you know how it goes.  Not only is it oval, but I'm going up from a 32 round......

--- End quote ---

@325racer, How was the jump from 32 to 34 oval?

325racer:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on May 30, 2016, 02:19:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: 325racer on May 16, 2016, 04:47:02 PM ---I'll be doing a race next Thursday evening, so I'll let you know how it goes.  Not only is it oval, but I'm going up from a 32 round......

--- End quote ---

@325racer, How was the jump from 32 to 34 oval?

--- End quote ---

I've only ridden with it twice so far.  Once was a SUPER Easy ride where I was barely spinning (recovery ride after 68 mile road ride, and taking my Dad out), On that ride, I didn't even really notice a difference in pedal cadence or load, etc, pretty much felt the same.

The second ride was a 12 mile race that I did last week.  Again, I didn't really notice much difference in feel.  So my current evaluation is that going from the 32 round to 34 Oval seems to feel pretty much the same to me.  What I'm hoping after I ride a little more is that is still feels like pushing the 32, but I carry more speed because I'm actually pushing the 34.

I guess I'm also thrown off, because on my 32+lb Full Suspension TallBoy LT, I'm still running a 3 ring setup, with a 36 middle ring and 36 rear and I try to push that everywhere, vs dropping to the granny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version