Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Elliptical Chainrings. Thoughts?

<< < (4/9) > >>

tripleDot:

--- Quote from: 325racer on May 30, 2016, 04:43:30 PM ---The second ride was a 12 mile race that I did last week.  Again, I didn't really notice much difference in feel.  So my current evaluation is that going from the 32 round to 34 Oval seems to feel pretty much the same to me.  What I'm hoping after I ride a little more is that is still feels like pushing the 32, but I carry more speed because I'm actually pushing the 34.
--- End quote ---

Shouldn't that already be a significant change?  You're pushing the 34T like it's a 32T.  Technically, you're exerting efforts of a 32T but going at 34T speed.  That's 1 step better output.

voodoo320:
I have a Deckas 32T elliptical pair with XT 11-34. It works great. It gives you more power to accelerate.

ottoreni:
VooDoo 320 did you have to do any sanding to the tabs of your Deckas ring?
Just asking, as I had to do some sanding to get it to fit my SRAM XO crankset.

Thanks!

voodoo320:
ottoreni. I just ordered a nice set of bolts.... It is quite cheap here in China.... you don't need to do any additional effort... :)

ottoreni:
Unfortunately, both China elliptical rings I have bought required a fair amount of filing to fit SRAM cranks.  The first one was a the least expensive labeled "SNAIL" I had to file the tabs to fit the crank.

The second one I  bought labeled "DECKAS" cost almost twice as much, but still required a fair amount of filing to fit the crank. It came with a set of inexpensive chainring bolts.  I used Wolf Tooth bolts to mount both. 

Both had 104BCD holes but the tabs were too long and would not let the ring sit on the crank.

Looking at both rings, they are identical besides the "names" painted on them.

Lesson to be learned from my experience, buy the cheapest elliptical ring you can find because you will have to file the tabs regardless of the price if you are using SRAM cranks.

I will post pictures later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version