Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Carbon Integrated Handlebar for MTB

(1/3) > >>

dox:
I was considering an integrated stem/handle bar with an 9 degree sweep back and 8 degree rise.  Does anyone have experience with these.  I am a big guy at 6'2" 225.  I would love to try one.  I ride cross country and trails with little jumps and stumps.  It looks awesome but I can understand that they can be brittle and snap.  Would being integrated help strengthen it?  What reputable companies make these so as to compare them?   thanks

xcbarny:
I started a thread about them a while back. Doesn't seem like many people have tried them:

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,805.0.html

Have you seen them with 9 deg sweep? I'd like that, but haven't found a place that lists the sweep. I'd be keen on one less that 250g  (80mm x 5 deg rise, 680mm x 9 deg sweep) - but would need top be a reputable company

Viperdriver:
Seems light but a stem and bar are lighter. No adjustment makes it a deal breaker. You'll twist your bar in the stem to make it just right. This setup doesn't allow it. Looks cool but isn't lightest or that useful.

cmh:
I've seen enough mentions of broken handlebars on here that the combo of a 225lb rider and a chinese bar/stem combo kinda terrifies me.

Bars from reputable sellers like Peter have broken (see my comment on xcbarny's link above) and a $42 set of no-name bars on aliexpress... *shivers*

The only name brand I could find that does integrated bars and stems is Ritchey. None of the others seem to do it - no idea if it's because it locks in your geometry and allows no customization, or if there are any other reasons that the big names don't do it... but they don't. Even the weight weenie parts on Fairwheel Bikes doesn't have any integrated, and that's where I'd expect it the most - the niche builders of the superlightweight stuff.

So yeah, I'd suggest a huge amount of caution.

johnnydamage:
ordered a set today. so we will have to see. anyone try any yet? thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version