Chinese Carbon MTB > Fat Bikes

Xiamen Carbon Full Suspension fattie

<< < (5/6) > >>

carbonazza:
@Jerryno, it looks I opened a new Pandora Box  :o
Thank you for the advices and providing all these resources to read.

element:
Hobbyking batteries are cheap, light, powerful and work good... been using them for many years....
I don't recommend them for the inexperienced novice because they have very high current that can be dangerous
Bottomline, this ain't rocket science but basic electrical and workshop skills are required

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: element on October 14, 2016, 07:51:46 AM ---Hobbyking batteries are cheap, light, powerful and work good... been using them for many years....
I don't recommend them for the inexperienced novice because they have very high current that can be dangerous
Bottomline, this ain't rocket science but basic electrical and workshop skills are required

--- End quote ---

I know from playing with quadcopters that Lipo batteries can be fragile to charge/discharge
You have a good charger or do not care that much?

element:
I bulk charge them, but watch for heat or swelling...  individual cells are monitored periodically and bad ones are removed.

I have not notice that cell matching is critical as some profess and swelling or heat usually predicts that a cell internal resistance is too high

IMHO, not over discharging HobbyKing lipos is the key to safety. I found little benefit building packs with BMS units so I stopped using BMS.

Commercial packs have one BMS lead monitord 6 to 8 welded cells in series they call one cell. So the BMS can only tell when the larger group is failing, not each individual cell

With HobbyKing packs, generally 6 cells pack have 6 cells and each single cell can be monitor with a cell tester. 

I have some commercial packs, but but for my high performer ebikes I use HobbyKing Lipo's. The cost to performance ration has been excellent

element:
The orginal XM Carbon Speed has matured and had a child.

There is a second XM Carbon Speed full suspension and it has gown up to be like its daddy with a Cyclone 3000w.
http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1402 (FYI, Peter at XM Carbon Speed is a very good person do work with)

IMHO, a carbon full suspension bike with Cyclone 3000w very close to being the ultimate woods bike and here are some of the reasons.

1. Versatile mounting options: Relatively speaking it was easy to make longer/stronger brackets to facilitate inside the frame mounting for improved ground clearance
2. Good power to weight ratio: The BBS-HD feels like it is broken or has dead batteries when compared to the Cyclone 3000w
3. Reasonable noise levels: Few people have noticed or commented on the sound.... the mini cyclone was obnoxious and not useable on public areas
4. Low Cost: When compared to the cost of carbon components, Lipo batteries, BBS-HD the Cyclone 3000w is a bargain
5. Dependable: Maybe it because the mounts are well made, but nothing has broken during deliberate nasty thrashing rides in the woods... that not to say something won't break, but it was surprising that efforts to ride hard and break something... nothing broke

Bottomline, the Cyclone 3000 is awesome, but don't let anyone tell you that weight doesn't matter on ebikes... A full suspension carbon ebike in the woods using a battery backpack is another world when compared to the weight and mass of an aluminum BBS-HD ebike... Bafang is now boring...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version