Chinese Carbon MTB > Fat Bikes

Xiamen Carbon Full Suspension fattie

<< < (2/6) > >>

element:
Thanks, and now I am excited about building my eCarbon....I sent an email to Bella ask for a quote.
Another question.... should I consider xm carbon wheels for my Pennsylvania woods and trails or will aluminum be more durable?
Either way I will need a rear wheel because I don't have any 177x12 stuff
FYI, I will be using 120mm Bluto...

Midwest-MTBer:
Awesome choice with the Bluto. I haven't heard anything bad yet. You might want to check out this thread http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,756.30.html. The frame didn't have enough clearance for the fork, so he had to get this crown race / spacer combo machined. It sounds like it was affordable and works well! Honestly, reading through all these forums and talking with people around the trails I'd say go carbon on the wheel set if your budget permits. A lot of people make good claims that carbon is actually stronger and better. I'm waiting on my set to arrive from Peter this week, but I've heard nothing but good things.

element:
Why carbon, attached are better pictures of an Aluminum Full Suspension Fattie. 

Consider those the BEFORE pictures

The Purple Mountain Majesty (BikeDirect Sniper) is an awesome bike and the attached pictures show the small LiPo batteries next to a dollar bill... carried in a hydration backpack.

These batteries when connected to the Bafang HD gives a 10 to 20 mile woods ride that is best described as silent Motor Cross or a very exciting mountain bike ride!

Ok, so where the the XM carbon come in?...

1. I liked riding the eSniper but they are no longer available and it's a fairly heavy bike
2. Because I carry the LiPo batteries in a backpack, means any real weight reduction of the fat bike improves it handling dynamics

Bottom Line, going from an alloy bike to a carbon bike that weighs nothing when compared to the Sniper

eCarbon...  ;D It is going to be hard to take the smile off my face

carbonazza:
Wow... that looks like a post oil era motocross bike :)

element:
You are correct, XM has good service.

They shipped the frame and gave a tracking number the same day as receiving payment.  :)

I also ordered seat tube, headset and a spare derailleur hanger, to avoid fitment problems

I did not order XM wheels because of their long lead times, but little did I know wheels would not be the problem... see below

Now the bad news...

I cannot find any bike local shops that stocks a 37mm seat tube clamp so I needed to order from Ebay

Unfortunately that means the eCarbon project stops until late August when the clamp is scheduled to arrive from China

This is the same lesson as posted before on this forum.  It is the little stuff that can makes building a Carbon bike more difficult. 

I never guessed a $12.00 part would halt this expensive $$$ project. I assume that is why some carbon frame builders include the seat tube clamp  :-\

Found a cool Stainless Steel clamp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version