Author Topic: Dengfu FM098 build thread  (Read 11810 times)

karstenhorn

Re: Dengfu FM098 build thread
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
I would say that it's best to choose the free option until you get your final position: just remove a 10 mm of spacer.
If you like it that way then you can improve the esthetic (which is a personal thing) by tweaking it with a new stem and the appropriate spacers.

I totally agree, aesthetics will come to the very last. I just did a 60 km sprint(I do have a good job) and so far no issues at all.

Karsten

adbl

Re: Dengfu FM098 build thread
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
Nice build! I built one earlier this year and love it! It took me a little while to get used to the aero aspect of the frame. Can get pushed around in a cross wind. Good thing i didn't go for the 50mm deep wheelset....lol!

As far as setup goes i used all the tools at my disposal i.e string, goniometer and video of myself riding it. I started with a 120mm stem and the bike felt great! I went for a few short rides around 15 miles and it's the most comfortable i ever felt on a road bike. Then i went for a 50 miler and man, my back was killing me at the end. I felt too stretched out, like i was reaching for the handlebars for the last 15 miles. Since then i went to a 110mm stem and that's about as perfect as i can get. Feel really good on the bike and no more back pain regardless of the miles. It takes time to get used to a bike and put some miles on it before you can really dial it in  ::)

Just for the record i am 6'1" tall 200lbs with a 32-33 inseam. The 56cm frame fits me well and i have always like sloping top tubes. I feel like i'm actually "in" the bike. Pictured below during setup: