Author Topic: My experience with Peter and xmcarbonspeed  (Read 19828 times)

ericcheng81

Re: My experience with Peter and xmcarbonspeed
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »
Just want to let you guys know my experience with Peter at XMCarbonSpeed was horrible. I've purchased the following 2 items:

1. Carbon wheels --> http://www.xmcarbonspeed.cn/275-plus-boost-mtb-bike-wheels-carbon-clincher_p0138.html

2. Carbon seatpost   --> http://www.xmcarbonspeed.cn/zeroback-straight-carbon-seatpost_p0039.html

They seem to be fine for 3 weeks. Both have cracks on them. When I reach out for replacement, Peter has refused to do so. He demanded me to send back both products to him (in China !!!!!). So, he can determine the cause of them, and decide whether a replacement should be sent. Would you do business with them???

Please reach out if you have any question about this seller, and I would love to share my experience with them in more detail.

MTB2223

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 06:21:22 AM »
Both, the wheels and seat post, have cracks?  Unbelievable!!! Sounds like you had a crash, but don't want to tell us.

Why not sending them back? Afraid Peter find out what happened with the items?

What if it happened with A-brand? And they find out you had a crash? No warranty.

So, what's really the point to send them back? The shipping costs?

Do you know the margins are very small?
Do you know Peter (or other Chinese vendors) have to pay taxes when they getting Items back?
For Peter I can tell you he want them back to see if it's a warranty issue. And how they can improve the quality.

I'm riding on MTB frame of Peter for more than 3 years now. Flawless
I've got wheels from Peter. The rims are flawless. The novatec hub weren't the best (ranchet ring broke), now the wheelset has DT350s hubs. Still enjoying my Chinese product. Especially for the price.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 06:24:10 AM by MTB2223 »

carbonazza

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 02:08:26 AM »
@ericcheng81, do you have pictures of the cracked items ?

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
So his or her very first post says the items ordered from xmiplay all failed, provides very little detail other than Peter will not agree to replacement of said failed components without seeing them first, and basically says don't order from this company.  It's been 10 days since that post.  I'm suspicious that this user is a competitor just trying to spread a false rumor to negatively impact Peter's business.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA