Author Topic: Rockbros Handlebar (or other recommendations?)  (Read 2779 times)

Siftah

Rockbros Handlebar (or other recommendations?)
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
Hi All,
I've been looking to upgrade to some new handlebars on my commuter bike and the cheap chinese bars looks like a good candidate. However, I've been struggling to find any reviews, positive or negative of specific brands. From what I could see on YouTube, there's a variety and I should be looking for UD Carbon.

I came across this forum and hoped there'd be more brand recommendations, but it looks like mostly MTB traffic on here :(

Does anyone have any specific experiences? From the research I've done so far my shortlist looks like this;
- Superlogic (eg: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Superlogic-carbon-fiber-highway-bicycle-handlebar-Reduce-resistance-bent-bar-strengthen-bike-parts-400-420-440mm/32578768241.html)
- ROCKBROS (eg: https://www.gearbest.com/bike-parts/pp_355795.html )

I've never really heard of the Superlogic brand before but they've got lots of sales and positive feedback. The ROCKBROS brand I've seen before and had some of their items, never had much of a problem with them.

Thanks in advance!

Calvino

Re: Rockbros Handlebar (or other recommendations?)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
Go with the superlogic one. Though i use several rockbros products and every single one has a good finish and didn't break apart, I never tried their handlebars. they are absolutely fine most probably. The superlogic one simply is better known and 2 mates of mine use them. no cracks, decent stiffness, quite light and so on.
I personally would go with 3k finish since its slightly stronger than UD carbon. its only the finish, so diffrence should be really small, since the main part is UD anyways. if you don't like "look it got carbon"-look, go with a UD finish.
I personally use RXL SL aero carbon handlebars. quite short reach, matte ud finish, very rough internaly routing, but the outer finish is superb(for the price). You can pretty much not go wrong with all the bars that appear when you sort products by order on aliexpress. but shy away from asiacom. seem to crumble under stress. i got a integrated one for my XC rig and it holds up just fine, but doesn't feel as solid
Hope, this helps

Siftah

Re: Rockbros Handlebar (or other recommendations?)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 07:49:27 AM »
Go with the superlogic one. Though i use several rockbros products and every single one has a good finish and didn't break apart, I never tried their handlebars. they are absolutely fine most probably. The superlogic one simply is better known and 2 mates of mine use them. no cracks, decent stiffness, quite light and so on.

Thank you, this is really good to know - there's so much FUD around when you look at YouTube, it's great to get some feedback!

I personally would go with 3k finish since its slightly stronger than UD carbon. its only the finish, so diffrence should be really small, since the main part is UD anyways. if you don't like "look it got carbon"-look, go with a UD finish.

Hmm, everything I've read suggests UD is actually stronger - but either way, as you mention, it's all UD underneath and only a 3k/12k weave for aesthetic purposes on top. I'll go with UD as I don't like the "carbon" look :)

I personally use RXL SL aero carbon handlebars. quite short reach, matte ud finish, very rough internaly routing, but the outer finish is superb(for the price). You can pretty much not go wrong with all the bars that appear when you sort products by order on aliexpress. but shy away from asiacom. seem to crumble under stress. i got a integrated one for my XC rig and it holds up just fine, but doesn't feel as solid
Hope, this helps

It does, helps a whole bunch, thanks for the feedback! For the sake of ~30 euros I'm going to order one and see how it is :)