Author Topic: Nice Prices on select Groupsets and components for USA purchases  (Read 1827 times)

gohloum

Nice Prices on select Groupsets and components for USA purchases
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know I found a few interesting things with r2-bike.com. 

The site gives you different pricing based on your sign in state.  If you just visit the site and compare the prices and convert Euros to dollars, they don't seem to be any better than many of the other sites.  However, once you login the pricing drops on certain items.

Once I did this, I was able to see about a 57 Euro discount on the group set I was looking at (Gx).  However the brakes t (XT) didn't change much, so I ordered them domestically. 

They shipped the next day and I have my DHL tracking number.  Seems they have better deals on certain manufacturers, but it's worth checking into.

Just and FYI for anyone shopping components....

SportingGoods

Re: Nice Prices on select Groupsets and components for USA purchases
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:08:30 AM »
The difference you see is most likely the VAT. About 20%.

I've experienced that in the past. I would check a French website I regularly use while traveling out of France and see crazy prices. Then, as I log in and prices get back to normal. Then I checked and the difference was just the VAT.

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:33:43 AM »
if I remember well, bike24.com is not the same, they apply the German VAT of 19% by default.
As a European, if you have a VAT number(professional buyer) you get the VAT rebate too, as long as you buy out of your country.

Sometimes I wonder how we came to that situation in Europe where on top of our 40-50% of income taxes, we have to pay an additional 20+% on everything we buy.

JohnnyNT

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:24:59 AM »
That's exactly the case with R2, they add german tax by deafaut. When I was shipping to Poland from them the price was different as well.