Author Topic: Dengfu M06  (Read 17266 times)

adbl

Dengfu M06
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »
Hey,

Does anyone know anything about this new frame on Dengfu's site M06? Looks to be of modern geometry specs and i like the integrated rear triangle. Also, do we have anyone on here that can model the suspension characteristics?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:48:41 AM by adbl »

adbl

Re: Dengfu M06
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:10:12 AM »
So, looking at this frame more closely it seems it's based off the new Yeti ASRc. Understanding it is a single pivot design i'm wondering if that's a step backwards as most "modern" designs are of the floating type suspensions. The redesigned Yeti has received good reviews and looking the frame up on Linkage Design, it has good antisquat numbers as well as pedal kickback and braking squat. I wonder how similar this frame would feel  ::)

Anyone..........anyone..........hello, Mcfly???

alexdi

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »
Intriguing frame. It looks like an improved CS-036. Significantly slacker head angle, shorter stays, less stack, and a one-piece rear triangle that might improve the stay flex in the CS-036. And it's lighter, probably from the absence of a bushing set and thinner shaping on the main tubes.

I'm a little concerned by the seatstay. They flattened it for comfort, but I find that nonsensical in an FS bike. It's not clear what effect that'll have on the shock's performance.

A significant missing piece, relative to current name frames, is Boost spacing. It's clear that's where the industry is going; it's an awkward time to build a nice set of wheels for a frame with the older standard. Still, if I were on the market for a 29" FS Chinese frame, this one would be my first choice.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:53:20 PM »
Intriguing frame. It looks like an improved CS-036. Significantly slacker head angle, shorter stays, less stack, and a one-piece rear triangle that might improve the stay flex in the CS-036. And it's lighter, probably from the absence of a bushing set and thinner shaping on the main tubes.

I'm a little concerned by the seatstay. They flattened it for comfort, but I find that nonsensical in an FS bike. It's not clear what effect that'll have on the shock's performance.

A significant missing piece, relative to current name frames, is Boost spacing. It's clear that's where the industry is going; it's an awkward time to build a nice set of wheels for a frame with the older standard. Still, if I were on the market for a 29" FS Chinese frame, this one would be my first choice.

I think the flat seat stays are there now because they removed the pivots, allowing the frame to flex vertically but not laterally.  I like the slacker HT angle as well.  It does appear to be a more updated version of the CS-036, but like you said, Boost spacing and room to comfortably run a 27.5" x 2.8"-3.0" plus tire would be much more appealing.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Lanz

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 09:15:14 AM »
A significant missing piece, relative to current name frames, is Boost spacing. It's clear that's where the industry is going; it's an awkward time to build a nice set of wheels for a frame with the older standard

Double that. In the same time I have a 142x12 hardtail frame, so theoretically I'll be able to switch wheelsets between two bikes. This frame looks very interesting, I have a plans for it in 2017  8)

alexdi

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:34:24 AM »
> Do you know if there are any full-suspension 29er Boost frames in the works?

From Peter at XMCS:

> We are working on it

:D

Klaster_1

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 08:10:05 PM »
Given 68.5° head tube angle, how do you guys think the handling will change compared to 36?

numberzero

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 07:15:09 AM »
Given 68.5° head tube angle, how do you guys think the handling will change compared to 36?
Compared to 036 it will be a rocket on descent but slower to turn on flat and a bit more difficult to climb too. That's why you'll probably need to get handlebar low to put weight on front axle or putting a 51mm offset fork but i never tested this option.

On the frame itself i find the main pivot seems low to achieve a good antisquat with big chainrings and i would like to know how will the carbonflex pivot affect the suspension.

adbl

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 11:12:34 AM »
Compared to 036 it will be a rocket on descent but slower to turn on flat and a bit more difficult to climb too. That's why you'll probably need to get handlebar low to put weight on front axle or putting a 51mm offset fork but i never tested this option.

On the frame itself i find the main pivot seems low to achieve a good antisquat with big chainrings and i would like to know how will the carbonflex pivot affect the suspension.

Given that we know how little testing or engineering goes into Chiner designs (or at least we perceive little testing/engineering) it does concern me as well how the flex will effect the rear suspension. I guess the only way to know is to actually build one and perform our own scrutineering. If it doesn't work as desired one would be out $700 - $800 bucks on the experiment???

adbl

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 07:06:08 PM »
Found another 29er that looks interesting! I was searching on Yishun Bike's site looking for carbon rims and found this: LCFS902. It's similar to the Dengfu M06 but has the pivot point near the rear axle. Might be a little more conventional than having a fixed triangle? Just a thought. Take a look at the specs and comments are requested  ;D

alexdi

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
Dengfu just posted a 27+ frame design based on the M06, except with Boost spacing in the rear. The geometry is identical to the current Scott Spark down to the millimeter. (The M06 has an ETT 1.3cm shorter.) Which means, save for Trek's Top Fuel, it's about as aggressive as a modern XC bike can be.

My only concern is that a 51mm BB drop may be a bridge too far with a 27.5+ tire. Typical XC 29ers are around 40mm (the CS-036 is 43mm), with 27+ bikes nearer to 30mm. Makes me wonder about pedal strikes. If you're after Nino's ride, the sensible course would be to buy the 27+ frame and equip 29" wheels.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 09:21:51 AM »
Hey Alex, you should post some info in the 29+/27.5+ bike forum.  I see DengFu has a 27.5+ boost frame and the 29er M06 Frame on their website.  They show 50.5mm BB drop for the M06 29er (which I am wondering if that's correct) but no info on the 27.5+ boost frame that I can see.  My Spec SJ CC 6Fattie (27.5+) has a BB drop of 33mm and pedal strikes are a bit of an issue so 50.5mm would be not something I would want.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:23:28 AM by Carbon_Dude »
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

MickeF

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »
I'm also really interested in this frame, but there's not much to read about it, apart from the info at Dengfus site.

Now I have an "IP-106" HT frame (from XMIPlay.com)  right now, very pleased with it, but would like to build a FS for XC/trail.

Anyone seen more info or a M06 build somewhere?

Klaster_1

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:11 AM »
I was planning to order it since Octorber and now finally did it. Expect photos/weight in about month, build list can be found here.

freeride1

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 02:58:45 AM »
It's a new frame so time will tell how it works! By the way the single pivot is nothing new, C'dale Habit or Scalpel, Yeti as someone said before...I own a Salsa Spearfish with this system and works great; you'll not have the very small bumps sensitivity as a 4 link but will give you a great power transfer when kick on pedals.
This frame have very good geo numbers, slack HA, short chainstay, ST near 74° ...51mm offset fork for sure and 90/100mm stroke.
Can't find any number about rear stroke but I think 80 mmas mine Salsa, so an XC race machine.
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy