Author Topic: Dengfu M06  (Read 17196 times)

MickeF

Re: Dengfu M06
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 04:12:15 AM »
I was planning to order it since Octorber and now finally did it. Expect photos/weight in about month, build list can be found here.

Same here. Just ordered! Exciting times ahead... ;)

Klaster_1

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
More info in the dedicated thread. tldr: 2057g with stock shock bolts in size 19.5", about 8cm of rear travel.

charlesrg

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 11:55:58 AM »
So, looking at this frame more closely it seems it's based off the new Yeti ASRc. Understanding it is a single pivot design i'm wondering if that's a step backwards as most "modern" designs are of the floating type suspensions. The redesigned Yeti has received good reviews and looking the frame up on Linkage Design, it has good antisquat numbers as well as pedal kickback and braking squat. I wonder how similar this frame would feel  ::)

Anyone..........anyone..........hello, Mcfly???

Did you draw the bike in Linkage ? Wondering about the anti-squat numbers.

adbl

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
No i did not. I haven't had time yet as this is the busy season for work. I went off geometry specs but i do believe the pivot point compared to the Yeti is a little lower so i'm sure the anti-squat numbers aren't as good.

charlesrg

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 06:14:46 PM »
No i did not. I haven't had time yet as this is the busy season for work. I went off geometry specs but i do believe the pivot point compared to the Yeti is a little lower so i'm sure the anti-squat numbers aren't as good.
Yep, you're right. Rainy day, so I drew it on Linkage and the anti-squat was not that great, neither the progression. I added it to Linkage library if you're curious to check.

adbl

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »
Awesome, thank you! How did you come up with the pivot point location? Did you estimate it or use a virtual measurement?

charlesrg

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 09:36:06 PM »
Just used the cad drawings.

Klaster_1

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 10:28:04 AM »
How much torque did you guys use for shock binding posts? My M06 does not have any required values printed anywhere.

steven-iam

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »
How much torque did you guys use for shock binding posts? My M06 does not have any required values printed anywhere.
Not sure what a shock binding post is, but if it is the rear shock sex bolts, I had to grind them because they were a tad too long. I just tightened them as much as I could without stripping them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 06:59:32 PM by steven-iam »

Klaster_1

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 08:30:32 PM »
Not sure what a shock binding post is, but if it is the rear shock sex bolts, I had to grind them because they were a tad too long. I just tightened them as much as I could without stripping them.
Yeah, those. I did the same but want to be extra sure, even if it's only in my head.

Klaster_1

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
Somebody plans to sell it (the 27.5 version) as a "brand" bike.

olao

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »
Yep, you're right. Rainy day, so I drew it on Linkage and the anti-squat was not that great, neither the progression. I added it to Linkage library if you're curious to check.

I'm a complete novice to Linkage, but took a look your drawing of the M06. It seems you defined it as a 4-bar swingarm, and not a MonoPivot. Is there a reason for that, or does that actually not affect the calculations?

adbl

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
I believe it does make a difference. When i drew it on my program i used mono pivot and my numbers came up much better than what is in the library. That was a concern as to how low the anti-squat values were but after i drew it a few times just to be sure i was more confident the frame would work well.

My experience riding the bike is that it climbs very well and bob is almost non-existent. I have been very happy with the return of performance based on the energy put in.

olao

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
Thanks. I thought it should matter. I'll keep playing with Linkage and try to learn some of that theory. Still, your empirical test and experience counts more, so really reassuring to hear that.

carbonazza

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »
When i drew it on my program i used mono pivot and my numbers came up much better than what is in the library. That was a concern as to how low the anti-squat values were but after i drew it a few times just to be sure i was more confident the frame would work well.

Would you mind to share some theory behind this, or good web sites where I could educate myself ?