Author Topic: Sensah Empire Groupset  (Read 479 times)

biceryder

Sensah Empire Groupset
« on: February 29, 2024, 09:04:05 PM »
I purchased a Sensah Empire groupset last fall.  Aluminum, not carbon.  Mounted it on an older bike.  The brifter for the rear derailuer is faulty.  It works but it won’t go through all the gears.  Refuses to go down to the last 4-3 gears.  I attempted to figure it out but it’s beyond my mechanical abilities.  No issues with the left brifter/FD. Anyone want the mini groupset (brifters, FD, RD) for spare parts its all in the original box (no cables).  50.00 shipped.

Serge_K

Re: Sensah Empire Groupset
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 02:57:41 PM »
i've had the same issue. i think it's because it's a piece of $hit. Sensah refused to honour any kind of warranty. I installed 4, 1 failed in short order, it's a dizzying failure rate. I think your problem is with the RD, not the shifter.
Their FD is also really bad.
I am not buying from them again.

jcr

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 12:56:44 AM »
I had the same issue which I have posted here https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4148.msg45291.html

I was getting around 7 speed instead of the 11. I did my diagnostics and it was the ratcheting system in the brifter that was causing the problem. All the components were there for an 11 speed but something was jamming the ratchet from going beyond 7 speed. I have contacted Sensah on it and they said the seller needs to honor the warranty. Fortunately I was able to get the seller to refund ($36USD)  me for one brifter so I can purchase one from Sensah.

I have two sets of Empire, one with the older hood rubber and one with the newer one and it has been fine. Front derailleur isn't the best because they used SRAM design and they aren't known for front derailleur either. Best to use a Shimano front derailleur Tiagra or 105 is fine.

biceryder

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 08:45:38 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  Sorry for the late response.  I have a lot of experience and miles with Shimano r7000 and R8000 mechanical groups.  I opt’d for the Empire set as an inexpensive way to get my wife’s bike upgraded from an old broken 10spd groupset.  I found that the FD worked but definitely not as good as a Shimano FD.  The left brifter worked on initial install but as I was tuning I encountered excessive tension while shifting it on the bike stand and it sort of “popped”.  I didn’t apply crazy pressure but it was enough to mess something up. 

I have gone around and around taking it apart as far as I could go.  I think I found the issue but it’s not fixable.  I think it’s just cheaply made and not reliable for long term use.  I ended up replacing it with an OEM R7000 minigroup off Ebay for 225.00.  Money well spent.  I will be avoiding Sensah in the future.