Author Topic: Chiner Components - Finds, Recommendations, Reviews, Knockoffs  (Read 61046 times)

carbonazza

Re: Chiner Components - Finds, Recommendations, Reviews, Knockoffs
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Just received my Castelli socks. Very high quality! Shipping was about 10 days. They arrive in an individual packaging that looks really nice. I'm surprised by the quality, glad I grabbed 6 pairs (3 white, 3 black) when price was low (paid 2.8€/pair).
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/A-variety-Of-New-Professional-Brand-Coolmax-Sport-Socks-Breathable-Road-Bicycle-Socks-Mountain-Bike-Socks/32763426590.html

I have some pairs since last summer(the black and white). As you say, perfect.
The color faded away a little, but I still wear them after many km.

Some other I tried didn't last at all.

MTB2223

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 02:59:34 AM »
Just received my Castelli socks. Very high quality! Shipping was about 10 days. They arrive in an individual packaging that looks really nice. I'm surprised by the quality, glad I grabbed 6 pairs (3 white, 3 black) when price was low (paid 2.8€/pair).
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/A-variety-Of-New-Professional-Brand-Coolmax-Sport-Socks-Breathable-Road-Bicycle-Socks-Mountain-Bike-Socks/32763426590.html

I have some pairs since last summer(the black and white). As you say, perfect.
The color faded away a little, but I still wear them after many km.

Some other I tried didn't last at all.
+1
Really nice socks. Last year I bought the flour yellow version. This week some black pairs arrived.
With this link they are even cheaper : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Professional-brand-Cycling-sport-socks-Protect-feet-breathable-wicking-socks-cycling-socks-Bicycles-Socks/32806007629.html

carbonazza

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »
It looks we are somehow less reluctant on counterfeited socks than frames :)
I would prefer much more unbranded socks of that quality though.

SportingGoods

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
I'm afraid you are correct :(
I had the same thought! I picked those socks because they seemed right, with good feedback, but I agree that I'd prefer the exact same sock pure black or white, or with a carp logo to match my jersey  ;D

MTB2223

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:58 PM »
Oh, Castelli is a real brand?  ;)

gohloum

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »
Things I have found on Aliexpress I would buy again:

Santic Shorts - $23.00
Fox knock off long sleeve jerseys - $12.00 (definitely nowhere close in design and completely different fabric, but cool and wicks sweat great).
Headsets - $9
Rear axle with ratcheting feature - $18 (def worth posting a link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-QR-86g-Bicycle-Skewer-front-15mm-rear-12mm-for-Carbon-Cyclocross-Fork-Thru-axle-12/32752388404.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.WTURaI)
Tideace Seatpost - $28
Tideace Handlebar (700 mm) - $20
Future Carbon saddle with Titanium rails - $30 (Selle SMP style - I have 2 and love them!)
Foam Grips - $2 (They are a little thinner than name brand, but $8 cheaper!)
Rock Bros Sunglass kit - $15 (This is the one that comes with 5 different lenses and case)
X2U Sport clothing - $12 to $15.  (I actually saw this stuff on a major European site for over $50! )
Tieboa Shoes - $52  (They made it though 1 season and still going strong).
Coospo Heartrate Monitor $20  (Works great with Strava and Wahoo)
Coospo Speed and Cadence sensor - $19 (Cadence works with Strava, Cadence and speed work with wahoo.  There are major compatibility issues with Strava on a phone and dual readout sensors, so it's a Strava issue, not a device issue).
Lixda Helmet - $15  I bought a second one because the first one smells like a jock strap... Now I take it in the shower with me after my rides and rinse it good. The new one has done much better just from the simple washings.
Rock Bros Multi Tool - $12
SNAIL brake rotors - $25 for a set.
Idqidao brak rotors - $10 per disk.  (Now I see DECKAS brand on the same 2pc rotor).
DECKAS chain Ring - $26
Aluminum Seatpost Clamp - $1.37

Things I would NOT buy again:

Any carbon part with ASIACOM brand on it.  My seatpost broke on the 3rd ride which was me just doing bunny hops in my front yard.  It broke in the air when I pulled the bike up underneath me and the seat slapped my butt.   I tried some handlebars... Seemed to be a little sketchy.  After about a dozen rides, I took them off to inspect them and the were cracked under the controls on both sides!!!! Glad I pulled that part.  The stem would not stay tight.  Every time crashed my handlebars would spin.  Kinda sucks because it was a 60mm x 15 degree which I used inverted to get my bars lower.  I really liked the positioning.  Now I'm on a Strynge 60mm x 7 degree inverted.

Most of the saddle bags I have tried did not last.  Granted I bought the cheap ones between $5 - $10.  I might give it 1 more round with the Rock Bros brand since the glasses and multi tool I have from them are holding up nicely.

Carbon saddles with carbon rails.  I'm only 155lbs and I broke the rails on the saddle within 2 weeks of riding.

carbonazza

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »
I use the GUB saddle(full carbon with a little padding), they are solid... for my 145lbs. Did you try them?

I tried Rockbros saddle bags, and they aren't much better.
Took a Topeak finally for less than I spent on all my trials/errors :)

While I tried a couple, I still have a doubt about helmets.
They are well done, but I only tried them as a decoration.
In case of a crash, I don't have any idea how they would fare.

I'll have a look at X2U Sport and Tieboa( thanks! ).

The foam grips I tried were not very good, and now buy brand ones(ESI mainly).

The rear axle is indeed great. I have a few spares for my next builds.

gohloum

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2017, 11:51:51 PM »
While I tried a couple, I still have a doubt about helmets.

Well, since they are cheap, I'll purchase another at the beginning of season (October).  Once I have it, That will make 3 and I'll cut the old, smelly one apart and see if it has the nylon reinforced webbing embedded in the Styrofoam.  Generally, if I crash the helmet, I throw it away like you are supposed to.  Seems that all my crashes this year have not involved any significant head impacts, mostly just kept dirt out of my ears when my head and shoulder slid along the trail, LOL!

Here is a link to the particular helmet I have: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LIXADA-25-Vents-Ultralight-EPS-MTB-Mountain-Road-Bike-Bicycle-Helmet-Riding-Cycling-Helmet-with-Visor/32365270158.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.o6rHOi

tripleDot

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 01:23:15 AM »
Things I would NOT buy again:

Any carbon part with ASIACOM brand on it.  My seatpost broke on the 3rd ride which was me just doing bunny hops in my front yard.  It broke in the air when I pulled the bike up underneath me and the seat slapped my butt.   I tried some handlebars... Seemed to be a little sketchy.  After about a dozen rides, I took them off to inspect them and the were cracked under the controls on both sides!!!! Glad I pulled that part.  The stem would not stay tight.  Every time crashed my handlebars would spin.  Kinda sucks because it was a 60mm x 15 degree which I used inverted to get my bars lower.  I really liked the positioning.  Now I'm on a Strynge 60mm x 7 degree inverted.

Thanks for the AsiaCom product heads up. I actually had their carbon fork on my eBay Watchlist, was intending to get it for my fixie.

This one's a bit off topic. I read some of you have been quantifying a period of time as "season".  I understand that can mean a number of things. It could mean the four seasons like Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall/Autumn, but where I'm from we only got 2 seasons, wet and dry. We do have "Summer" (mid-March to mid-June) but it simply meant vacation time for students, or the hottest time of the year, meaning lots of beach outings to do. Our school calender is June-March. We also have the "Ber months/season", it's the months ending in "ber". And Christmas decors tends to start cropping at the start of the Ber months. Folks tend to start getting excited with Christmas at the start of the Ber season. Christmas does come early over here. But that's really nothing as I've seen Christmas decor shops open all year round in some Asian countries. So as you can see, we are operating on a completely different definition of seasons... meteorologically,  periodically and/or culturally speaking.

And to compound things, to some folks, a season could mean an event/tournament period, like say the NBA (the basketball league), that have an off season and a regular season in a year.  Our local basketball league, the PBA have 3 seasons (All-Filipino, Reinforced, and Governor's Cup) a year.  Then some of you have the "cycling/biking" season that I honestly am not sure what period it encompasses as the whole year is biking season over here. Of course, I'm refering to a non-pro kind of biking.

Anyway, perhaps we can use months or years for the sake of clarity when defining lenght of time a certain part is/was used. Hope that isn't too much to ask.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

carbonazza

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 02:59:23 AM »
It is an expression in many sports, the season being where most competitions occur.
Using it during a season means a year.

Climb82

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »
Hello . I'm looking for a deal on where can i get a pre built fully carbon fiber hard tail mountain bike ?
 I'm new to the forum and to bike builds. This represents my first step into carbon fiber bikes. Its been a long time since I rode one. I want to get back into this .  This would be my first fully carbon fiber bike .

Id like to buy a completed bike, and maybe i can upgrade that down the road.  Anyone can help me with where are some places or people i can purchase a brand new build ?

I was looking into a  fully carbon fiber 29er M91 Hardtail i saw from one Chinese website .  I'm 5 feet 10 inches in height if that's relevant .  you can contact me too at facebook:  John Dlcrelce .

bxcc

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »
Hello . I'm looking for a deal on where can i get a pre built fully carbon fiber hard tail mountain bike ?
 I'm new to the forum and to bike builds. This represents my first step into carbon fiber bikes. Its been a long time since I rode one. I want to get back into this .  This would be my first fully carbon fiber bike .

Id like to buy a completed bike, and maybe i can upgrade that down the road.  Anyone can help me with where are some places or people i can purchase a brand new build ?

I was looking into a  fully carbon fiber 29er M91 Hardtail i saw from one Chinese website .  I'm 5 feet 10 inches in height if that's relevant .  you can contact me too at facebook:  John Dlcrelce .

Welcome Climb82

Where are you located? I'm sure if you're local to one of the regulars on here, they would be glad to help build one. We might even be persuaded to build one and ship it to you.

I think for ordering a complete bike, your best bet would be to check with Peter at XMCarbonspeed.com. He might be able to provide everything with minimal assembly needed once it arrives.

GuitsBoy

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 12:24:33 PM »
Agreed on the AsiaCom warning.  I bought a pair for a friend, and those are the first and only bars I've had fail the "stomp test".   They failed at the shoulder.  They also deformed easily and I heard crackling when clamping the lever and shifters.  Really disappointed.  Been trying to get my $15 back for two months, I get endless promises, but no refund yet.  Anyway, steer clear.  Plenty of better quality options out there, though the bars are one place I prefer to pony up for name brand stuff.

Pack66

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
Thanks for all the replies in this thread. I'm looking for a good set of wide (at least 720mm) carbon bars and a 27.2 seatpost. I saw the recommendation above for Tideace. Any other recommendations out there? Peter's prices are a bit high ($116 w/shipping), but I'm still considering going with him. I've also thought about going aluminum and see the Wake bars and stems are popular...but I'm not sure about them. Thoughts?

Pack66

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
.bump

Still looking for thoughts on trustworthy vendors for handlebars/seatposts...aliexpress, web, ebay, amazon or otherwise...