Author Topic: Some vids shot on my CS MB01  (Read 3471 times)

gohloum

Some vids shot on my CS MB01
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:32:03 PM »
So yeah, the GoPro doesn't really do the climbs and drops justice, but it's still some fun footage from 2 different trail locations here in Southwest Florida.  I've been punishing the crap out of the bike for 3 months at about 5 rides a week.  It's really holding up great!

Enjoy!

// Head mount camera and some music from my original project 'A Persuasive Reason'

// Chest mount @ the Quarry - beginning leg over rock pile and narrow bridge

// Chest mount @ the Quarry - Rock Garden segment

// Chest mount @ CRP Alva - Following a buddy through the 'Far East' segment

MTB2223

Re: Some vids shot on my CS MB01
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »
Awesome place to ride. Nice trails!
It's on my bucket list to ride once in the US.

Are you on Strava ?

[edit: like the music]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:56:05 AM by MTB2223 »

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:04:19 AM »
The first trail around the lake looks like a pretty good workout, lots of short uphills, downhills, tight turns, and fairly rooty.

The second trail looks like it would be a little easier since it appears to be smoother, and less up/down, but very fun.  More like I would expect a trail in Florida to be.  The only trail I've ridden in Florida is out at Flaggler Beach area, East coast.  I've heard good things about the Alafia State Park trails too.

Where are those trails exactly?
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

gohloum

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:53:31 PM »
Awesome place to ride. Nice trails!
It's on my bucket list to ride once in the US.

Are you on Strava ?

[edit: like the music]

Yes, I'm on Strava.  Look for TJ Jones in Bonita Springs, Florida. I'm a Premium member.  Thanks on the music compliment.  That's from my original band 'A Persuasive Reason'  I am the primary writer, bassist, engineer, and producer....  Yeah, I own the studio, LOL!

Where are those trails exactly?

Both are in Southwest Florida.  The one around the lake is Willow Run Quarry in SouthEast Naples.  It's definitely technical and today I bunny hopped 7 snakes - 5 black racers and 2 Water Moccasins.  Unfortunately, I think the owner sold the land and thus this will likely be the last year we can ride on it.

The smoother place is CRP (Caloosahatchee Regional Park) in Alva which is just west of Ft. Myers. Yeah, it's more of a pedal track. I took my wife last week for her very first MTB ride on it and she did the 8 mile loop which excludes the advanced section which is about 2.2 miles.  It's an interesting place because it's along the river and there is actually clay in the ground.  So this time of year the trails there are really hard and fast...  And soon the rain will come and bye bye for 3 months, LOL!

I found this place recently between a water management facility and a land fill just up the road from the quarry.  Locals call it 'The Lunch Ride'.  It's pretty much dirt and some sand through the Florida scrub palms and cypress trees.  Another pedal track but the single track sections are super tight and speed makes them quite challenging.  The ground is a bit softer, so although my average speed is down a bit, more like 11-12 instead of 15mph, the workout for endurance is awesome.  I use that place as my training course for endurance.  Here is a video with a more unusual camera angle.  I have the 2nd place time for the Bobsled segment.  The CS-MB01 is super quick and nimble, it has just taken me some time dialing things to find the sweet spot.... And the Fox Stepcast 32 helps a lot!  However, I am dealing with a creaky headset.  Ordered a new bottom bearing, so hopefully that will resolve the issue... Sounds like I have a woodpecker trapped in my frame... Grrrrr!

Depending on weather, I'm planning a trip to Alafaia this weekend.  It will be my first time there and I'm sure it will be fun.  I did Carter Road about 5 weeks ago.  That was pretty insane!  Super skinny trail across the tops of dirt hills with less than a foot of shoulder on each side... and I have vertigo!  It was pretty crazy, but a lot of fun... kept telling myself I better not wipe out, I have a gig in 3 days for a wedding, LOL!  Youtube search that one, you will see what I mean.

If any of you guys are ever in my neck of the woods, hit me up. I'll take you to some local trails.

exzos

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:10 AM »
Can you do a video where the rear "suspension" is showing how it's working?  :)

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:15:31 AM »
Is it a phone you have on the stem?
If so, how is it attached?

I loved riding in the rock garden section :)

gohloum

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:56 PM »
Can you do a video where the rear "suspension" is showing how it's working?

The bike is a hardtail.  I have some video somewhere though that does show how the kevlar gives a little relief though.  I'll have to find and upload it.

Is it a phone you have on the stem?
If so, how is it attached?

Yes! It's an iPhone 6. I am running Strava and connecting a Coospo heart monitor and a cadence sensor.  It's attached with a rubber phone mount I bought at Walmart for $16.00.  I don't recall the manufacturer, but I will shoot a pic and send it to you.  The brace you see up in front of it is one of those headlight mounting thingys.  They are on aliexpress and I actually use it as a crash bar to protect my phone.  I had the one with the single aluminum strut, but hit a tree and broke it.  This time I got the double strut one.  $8 bucks for a bumper vs replacing an iPhone. :-)

exzos

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:34:05 AM »
Can you do a video where the rear "suspension" is showing how it's working?

The bike is a hardtail.  I have some video somewhere though that does show how the kevlar gives a little relief though.  I'll have to find and upload it.
Would like to see that :)
Nice trails you are riding