Author Topic: Looking for a longish slackish 29er hardtail frame  (Read 2152 times)

bsavery

Looking for a longish slackish 29er hardtail frame
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
Basically looking for a honzo carbon frame type geometry.  Everything I've seen was in the 70+ head angle range.

mr.doom

Re: Looking for a longish slackish 29er hardtail frame
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »
Angleset and tall fork will help. Save up for a Canfield EPO?

bsavery

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:08:21 PM »
Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards just saving up for a honzo frame.  Just curious if there was a chiner option.

theholc

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 05:25:12 PM »
I'm in a similar boat. I currently have a Yoeleo M91 Ghost HT frame. Manufacture specs it out with a HA of 69.5 degrees and recommends a 100-120mm fork. I'm assuming this headtube angle is with 100mm(somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). My plan is to convert it to a 27.5+ bike with 120-130mm of travel. I want the HA to be around 68 degrees which I will adjust accordingly with a Angleset Headset once I figure out where I'm at with the conversion. I would love to see some slack HT's if anybody has seen any. What frames have you been looking at OP?

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:39:31 PM »
I didn't know the Cane Creek "Angleset Headset", thanks!
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/headset/product/review-cane-creek-angleset-45583/
It is however unfortunate it costs $200, as it would be great as a tool to test and eventually adapt the handling.

theholc

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:24:51 AM »
I didn't know the Cane Creek "Angleset Headset", thanks!
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/headset/product/review-cane-creek-angleset-45583/
It is however unfortunate it costs $200, as it would be great as a tool to test and eventually adapt the handling.

No problem buddy, from what I understand the Angleset headset that comes with all 3 angle adapters(.5, 1, 1.5) is $200 and if you want the set with only the 1 degree adapter it is $150. Either way I believe its worth the money if you are looking to steepen/slacked your HA. The best thing is, if you buy the 3 angleset, it technically gives you six different settings. -.5, -1, -1.5, +.5, +1, +1.5! So if you wanted to increase your travel by say 20-40mm but didn't want the stress the headtube that comes with added travel, you could technically keep your same headtube angle with the additional travel(keep in mind it will still affect the geometry). There are a couple good Youtube videos if your interested....