Author Topic: ICAN SN04 questions  (Read 7713 times)

Remy_4

ICAN SN04 questions
« on: August 23, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
Hi....

I currently have a KHS 3000 4 seasons that I ride year round, some street, mostly trails and in the winter time. I'm interested in purchasing a SN04, but I can't seem to find enough solid reviews about the frame itself. It almost like people buy them, use them for a year and forget about them. I just don't get the confidence that this frame will last long enough for me to enjoy. I do ride aggressively, no huge crazy jumps or tricks.

I was thinking about swapping over most of the components from my KHS to one of these frames. But again, just don't see enough info and review to pull the trigger.

Warranty comparison, SN04 = 1 year; Salsa Bucksaw frame = 5 years. That alone scares me.

Does anyone have experience and longevity?

Thanks,
J

carbonazza

Re: ICAN SN04 questions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »
We are all here riding for years on generic frames/wheels we bought from China.
Nobody got his frame disintegrate while riding even aggressively.

Some got cracks. Branded frames get cracks too.
Some got warranty replacements while only a few got stuck with a poor after sale service.

If you read enough of this forum, you will quickly find who are good vendors you can rely on.
Understanding you can't get the same level of warranty, when paying 5 to 10 times less than a branded frame.

Remy_4

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 07:06:39 AM »
Thanks! I just didn't see a lot of info on them, especially the full suspension fattie frame or bike. I'm thinking of building one up, but a few guys at my LBS say that FS fatties don't ride good and are always in the shop getting fixed, due to the amount of torque that they have and the components take a beating. I was just looking for information on builds and what people thought. I've been riding my fat bike for two years now and looking to step things up a level.  ;D

endo.alley

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
I have had a Sno4 for two years now. 26" x 4.8" Maxxis tires in the winter. 29" x 3.00 " Chupas in the summer. It is not my only bike. But I ride it quite a bit. The only problems I had was in retorquing the pivot bearings. They needed to be thread locked and torqued. Since then I have had no problems. Carbon rims, cranks, stem amd bars, and 1x11, and tubeless it is just over 30 lbs.  Everybody seems to want to ride it. It is  fun to ride. In a big bruiser kind of way.

Remy_4

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 06:31:39 PM »
@endo.alley

Thank you. That's pretty much what I was looking for. I'm thinking of running a similar system as you, 26" x 4.8" in the winter and maybe 27.5+. Do you by chance know what size wheel you use for the 4.8" Maxxis? I have a 26x100mm set already, I just keep seeing conflicting info if this frame will except 100mm wide rims, or do they have to be 90mm and under?

And thank you for the info on the pivot bearing. I'll make sure I do all of that when I get the frame.

Any other info, would be great.  Thank you again!

Chrisylad24

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 07:16:13 AM »
Hi I have an sn04 had it for around 12 months built up with 4 inch tyres on 80mm rims I am in the UK and ride this bike everywhere from tame xc to rocky trail centre stuff and it's been great so far I stripped the frame from new for a paint job and on reassembly I popped all the seals on the bearings and filled with grease and re torqued all the bolts and pivots one thing to make sure is to fit the correct shock it must be 200 x 51 not a 57 stroke as the seat stay can hit the seat tube I run a rock shox monarch. I purchased the frame from Melody at Ican bikes and paid a lot less than ebay it shipped to the UK in 1 week but spent another week going through customs it came well packaged and complete with spare rear drop outs a headset carbon steerer spacers, spare shock bolts and seat clamp and my warranty card says 3 years. All in all it was a relatively easy process albeit make sure you check all the emails and make sure everything is correct before shipment as returning stuff is a pain and just a heads up it looks like Ican are or have set up warehouses in the US, UK and a few others I have no regrets on my purchase and hope to keep it for a while yet.