Chinese Carbon MTB > Fat Bikes

My 197 build

(1/3) > >>

Cevan:
[Edit: photos are in post 11 and 12]

Here is my build thread.  Goal was a relatively light weight fat bike I could ride anytime of the year here in New England, so here goes:

After some research I settled on the Carbonspeed 197.  I had emailed with Peter about frames and wheelsets and found him to be quite responsive.  So I ordered the frame, 029 fork, axles, headset and a 68mm carbon wheelset.  Everything arrived about 10 days after ordering.  I have to say I was very impressed with how well everything was packed.  Wheels came in their own box.  It took me a good 15 minutes just to removed the bubble wrap from the frame.  Everything looked great.  No blemishes.  Everything looks finished to a high degree.

My parts list:

Jumbo Jim 4.0 tires tubeless
RaceFace Next SL crank/BB with a 28T
RF Next bars
FSA SL-K stem
FSA SL-K post
XTR brakes/Ice tech rotors
SRAM XX1 shifter/cassette/chain/derailleur
Selle Italia SLR saddle
Time Atac xc-4 pedals

Routing the shifter housing was a slight pain.  Definitely easiest back to front.  Those chainstays are narrow!  Brake line much easier.  Awaiting a stem before cutting the steerer tube.  Wt. 23.4lbs.

Few pics. 

325racer:
Nice..

Carbon_Dude:
Very nice!  Looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished bike.

Cevan:
Bike is done.  Final weight is 23.25 lbs.  Using 4 oz of Stan's in the front and 5 in the back.  Just took it for a quick 5 mile ride on some local trails with about 2-3 inches of powder.  The bike feels incredibly stiff and fast.  Running 8psi in the front and 10 in the back. 

Carbon_Dude:
Good job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version