Author Topic: Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build  (Read 26929 times)

Klaster_1

Re: Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 08:22:06 AM »
do you have same problem? maybe look that (with 0 bar on your rear shock).
I did not put the shock on yet due to missing mounting kits, so can't say for sure. What I can share though might sound both suspicous and reassuring. Without shock, the bridge comes to about 3cm of seattube easily. Then frame starts to resist further compression, but it's possible to make the bridge touch the seat tube, yes. It takes about 7.5kg on pocket scale attached to the rear axle, pulling in direction of shock. I will check everything again when mounts arrive. If problem persists, I'll think about shock spacer. Maybe an offset shock mount can help too?

Charly, while at it, can you ask guys from that thread about what width shock mount hardware they went with?

MickeF

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:27 AM »
I did not put the shock on yet due to missing mounting kits, so can't say for sure. What I can share though might sound both suspicous and reassuring. Without shock, the bridge comes to about 3cm of seattube easily. Then frame starts to resist further compression, but it's possible to make the bridge touch the seat tube, yes. It takes about 7.5kg on pocket scale attached to the rear axle, pulling in direction of shock. I will check everything again when mounts arrive. If problem persists, I'll think about shock spacer. Maybe an offset shock mount can help too?

Charly, while at it, can you ask guys from that thread about what width shock mount hardware they went with?

Dengfu states a shock "165/38", so isn't that 38mm the max travel for the bridge, before the shock bottoms out?

Klaster_1

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 07:27:14 AM »
Some stuff has arrived this week. Unfortunately, fork and pedals keep getting delayed time after time, b-c.de estimates are well into May now. I think I'll put these stem bolts on my road bike, these are 2g lighter!

steven-iam

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »
Hello fellow Chinertowners.

I'm new to the site, so please excuse me for any lack of etiquette.

I'm very excited to have ordered the DengFu M06 last week. I'll be using the parts from my Scalpel Carbon Team. I purchased a Monarch XX 165/38,  a "Lefty For All" conversion Kit , SRAM  BB92 GXP Team Bottom Bracket and a SRAM XX1 GXP Crankset. I bought the headset bearings from Deng Fu. I'm hoping some one can help me with specifications for the following parts:
1. Pivot Bearing Sizes for a Monarch xx
2. Sex Bolts for the rear Monarch XX shock
3. Rear Disc Brake adapter
I asked Dengfu about the bushings and they could only send me this picture, it falls between the standard 21.85mm and the 22.2mm sizes from RWC. Also, will I notice a change in stiffness?

Charly42

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
hi klaster

i'm french and, on a french forum, a men have the same frame(19"), but he have a problem with this frame :
on big jump, or if the rear shock have 0 air the little  reinforcement on the rear come to touch the seat tube!!!!! if big jump, it's possible bracke the frame...

more information on this forum(french) http://light-bikes.fr/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1020 (16 post).

thanks for help

charly

Hi,
is it possible that he's using a shorter shock?, e.g. 152 mm instead of the required 165/38mm?
/Micke

Hi , no . it's ok he have a 165*38.
A other men in france have the same problem with this frame but in size 15.5".... .
I have send, with the other men in france amessage to dengfu. Normaly, i have a reponse this WE.

MickeF

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 05:22:23 AM »
hi klaster

i'm french and, on a french forum, a men have the same frame(19"), but he have a problem with this frame...

Hi,
is it possible that he's using a shorter shock?, e.g. 152 mm instead of the required 165/38mm?
/Micke

A other men in france have the same problem with this frame but in size 15.5".... .
I have send, with the other men in france amessage to dengfu. Normaly, i have a reponse this WE.

Can someone with the frame measure the distance "X", from bridge to seat post when the distance between shock eyelet is 165 mm?
X should be more then 38 mm...

Se picture:

Klaster_1

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 06:15:28 AM »
Can someone with the frame measure the distance "X", from bridge to seat post when the distance between shock eyelet is 165 mm?
About 43mm with a stock 163mm spacer installed, measured along seatstays just like on picture. Should be a couple mm more with a proper shock.

MickeF

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 06:28:25 AM »
About 43mm with a stock 163mm spacer installed, measured along seatstays just like on picture. Should be a couple mm more with a proper shock.

Then it shouldn't be a problem, even if the linkage shortens the distance some.
Thank's! for sharing!

Charly42

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
Ok thank's all.

For your information , Dengfu reply me :
Hello Charly,
After tested, M06 frame have the problem which you saw on the forum, except the size of 17.5''. The mould has been adjusted, pls find the drawing in attachment.
Don't worry about this, we will not supply any quality issue frames.

and the pictures attachement from dengfu :

steven-iam

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 08:38:14 PM »
It's interesting that the picture depicts the shock installed backwards

Klaster_1

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »
Hello Charly,
After tested, M06 frame have the problem which you saw on the forum, except the size of 17.5''. The mould has been adjusted, pls find the drawing in attachment.
That's confusing. Did I understand it right that all frames shipped prior to quoted reply, except for 17.5" size, had seatstay bridge / seat tube clearance design issue?

jaytee

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 03:16:50 AM »
hi klaster

i'm french and, on a french forum, a men have the same frame(19"), but he have a problem with this frame...

Hi,
/Micke

Se picture:

I have just bought a 17.5 M06  fitted  a 2017 Fox 165x38....... measured with shock fitted have about 56mm of travel so it should be fine.

Klaster_1

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:39 AM »
I have just bought a 17.5 M06  fitted  a 2017 Fox 165x38....... measured with shock fitted have about 56mm of travel so it should be fine.
What mounting hardware width did you use?

xcfreak

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »
Hello Charly,
That's confusing. Did I understand it right that all frames shipped prior to quoted reply, except for 17.5" size, had seatstay bridge / seat tube clearance design issue?

This is quite alarming, the message essentially reads they had issues with moulds apart from the 17.5". Then they go on to say, not to worry as they wont ship out frames with quality issues, obviously not the case as there have been reports of people getting these frames... Klaster, what frame size do you have?

steven-iam

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
...First attempt to measure shock mount points gave ~21.3mm for front and ~21.6-21.8 for rear. I'll try to measure again later.
HI Klaster_1,

Do the RWC 22.2 on your build list fit? I sent Deng Fu's Picture showing their measurement of 21.94 to Chris at RWC. They suggested using the RWC 21.85 version. Since the way their spacers compress on the bushing, it will be a good fit.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:39:50 PM by steven-iam »