Author Topic: Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build  (Read 26772 times)

Klaster_1

Re: Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 09:25:22 AM »
I would eloxadize it. Otherwise it might soon start to corrode. Especially in combination with carbon.
A reasonable idea, but lock nut will have contact only with aluminium axle and hanger. I'll see what can be done, mostly because black/red would look better.

By the way, a 22.2mm needle shock mount kit from RWC arrived today. The width was spot-on for rocker arm, inner bearing race does not have any lateral movement when put between eyelets. Using the same method I've checked front eyelet clearance and 22.2 doesn't fit at all, looks like I'll have to order 21.85 or even 21.4 kit. Oh, and rear binding post is officially too long by about 0.7mm, gonna grind it down.

carbonazza

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 11:49:18 AM »
Meanwhile, I've got a rear axle lock nut machined by a friendly neightbor, weights 4g. Hopefully it will hold up.
I'd like a friendly neighbour like this too :)

Klaster_1

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 07:58:46 AM »
A small update to keep thread afloat.

Fox shock mount kit was delivered a couple of weeks ago, too bad seller did not cut it to specified length (21.4) due to "22.2 surely is the width that your frame accepts". Well, that's understandable, my frame has something shady going on for sure, given consistently smooth experience from fellow M06 users regarding eyelet distance. Maybe an early version? Anyway, I'll have to grind it down.

Polymer bushes were too tight too, had to sandpaper outer surface a bit, now pin sits semi-tight. How tight it should be, though? I can rotate it by hand, but not as freely when out of shock eyelet or compared to RWC needle bearing.

Remember one of binding post being too long? I've underestimated how much, at least a couple of mm had to go away.

Also got a pair of black Formula R1R, the build will be sub-10kg after all. The stoppers look great too.

steven-iam

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:29 AM »
Hi Klaster_1
I sent this picture Kelsey at DengFu sent me to RWC. RWC spec'd 21.85. They were spot on. I did have to file the bushings down a little to make it tight. See my build story at http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1186.0.html .

Klaster_1

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
Finally sorted out the shock mounts situation. Front Fox pin had to be ground down to 21.5mm, now it fits super snagly. Still waiting for fork and rim tape to arrive. There will be another new weenie part, but let's keep it secret for now ;)

Klaster_1

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »
Almost there! When rim tape arrives in a few days, I'll have everything for a draft build. Remaining parts are Darimo bars and Xshifter.

charlesrg

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2017, 10:20:11 PM »
Did you also noticed the rear axle space is out of spec ? Mine is super wide, 146mm instead of the standard 142.

Klaster_1

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2017, 12:11:46 AM »
Did you also noticed the rear axle space is out of spec ? Mine is super wide, 146mm instead of the standard 142.
Not sure what you mean. A 142 hub fits nicely, no issue with e-thru axle as well. Did you measure it without wheel?

charlesrg

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
Rear wheel axle is bigger than it should be. See the attached picture.

steven-iam

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2017, 03:57:03 PM »
Hi Charlesrg,

I'm trying to understand the problem.

The frame has some flex. Is it that you can't spread the frame apart to accommodate the hub? Or you can't tighten the rear thru-axle because it is too long and you cannot place extra washers to take up the slack?

It seems if the thru-axle is too long, than it is your hub that is too narrow. What kind of hub do you have? My DT-Swiss was fine.

I had to place a spacer in mine so I could adjust the bear brakes. (see my build)

charlesrg

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
Hi Charlesrg,

I'm trying to understand the problem.

The frame has some flex. Is it that you can't spread the frame apart to accommodate the hub? Or you can't tighten the rear thru-axle because it is too long and you cannot place extra washers to take up the slack?

It seems if the thru-axle is too long, than it is your hub that is too narrow. What kind of hub do you have? My DT-Swiss was fine.

I had to place a spacer in mine so I could adjust the bear brakes. (see my build)

I should not have to spread neither press the frame. The specs is for 142mm with + or - 1.5mm. Mine is 146. It's beyond the spec and I would consider a manufacturer defect. It causes issues with brake , chain line and Derailleur alignment.
I'm trying to see if they can replace the rear triangle.

My IP036 did not have this issue.

steven-iam

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »
So sorry to hear that. . From everything I have read about Deng-Fu, yours is the first real problem, all others were just minor issues like bottle cage holes.

Keep us posted.

Klaster_1

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2017, 01:13:11 AM »
BB30 cranks in BB92 - done.
Tubeless setup - done.
Cranks debadging - done.
Brakes - in progress. Rear brake hose uses zip ties for now, but I plan to cut and route everyhting sooner or later.

When weather gets better I'll try the ride.

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2017, 08:10:17 AM »
Looks really good! I'm really curious how this frame compares to the 036.

charlesrg

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »
Looks really good! I'm really curious how this frame compares to the 036.
Definitely an upgrade in terms of linkage. The geometry is very different, two different beasts.