Author Topic: Taxes, tariffs, and duties  (Read 2048 times)

huskydriver

Taxes, tariffs, and duties
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:58:13 PM »
Has anybody ordered and recieved your frame recently?  I was just wondering with all the tariffs or import taxes have caused any issues.  I bought a couple frames a fewyears ago and had no issues and dont recall paying a dime.  It worries me now seeing things written on the website about buyer being responsible.  It seems as if there is more mention of it then ever before.  Im ordering a frame from Trident Thrust.  The last frames were from Deng Fu.  Thanks.

tripleDot

Re: Taxes, tariffs, and duties
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:45:44 PM »
It really depends on where you are located. And this is an international site. In my case, the Philippines here in Asia, I only pay PhP130 or around US$2.50. That is for a single unit.

I've read here that in some location, painted and unpainted units have different tariff.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

lRaphl

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
So far, every carbon parts I odered from China were duty free and this includes 2 frames and many rims. I live in Canada.

mangowifi

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »
I had to pay £20 in the UK, however they wanted to pay me about £50 more, but the item was delivered before they asked for it, so too late for HMRC.

huskydriver

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:34:21 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I just need somebody from the US to give their input.  I know Pres. Trump has put tariffs on raw materials, so hopefully this does not effect any goods coming into the country.

Pack66

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »
I haven't ordered since the tarrifs have been applied. I'm curious as well.

I've also noticed, and this may just be me, that Aliexpress has changed their menu system around a bit. I can no longer search for carbon as a material under handlebars. Also, when I sort by number of orders, all of the order numbers seem lower than before.

For example, I used to search for all sorts of carbon handlebars...lots of dealers listed, lots of orders from certain vendors...now seems like either they've "reset" or changed somehow.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »
US is duty free if less than $800 per shipment going to private individuals.

huskydriver

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »
sorry for the late reply, but yes you are correct.  thanks, i recieved mine and didn't have to pay anything extra.  i just had to go to the post office to pick up as it needed a signature.