Author Topic: Mickes Dengfu M06 build  (Read 4965 times)

mercenary

• View Profile
Re: Mickes Dengfu M06 build
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
Do you have a remote for your rear shock? Do you even need one?

MickeF

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 04:18:15 AM »
Do you have a remote for your rear shock? Do you even need one?

I don't have a remote, not sure I need one.
If I do get a remote, I'm aiming for something like the Scott Twinloc.

lRaphl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »
After a few weeks riding this bike, how do you feel about it? Anything you would do differently? Still like it as much as after the first 2 rides?

Thanks!

MickeF

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 03:38:45 PM »
After a few weeks riding this bike, how do you feel about it? Anything you would do differently? Still like it as much as after the first 2 rides?

Thanks!

I like it (even more?) and the bike works just fine. I have put a riser handlebar (20 mm) and a shorter stem (60mm) to get more upright. Feels good.

Only problem so far:
Creaking BB. Maybe it was a bad idea to put carbon paste before mounting the BB. I will get, or make, a bearing retainer to remove the BB92, wipe clean and re-install the bb again. (Or get a new one).

carbonazza

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 02:32:37 PM »

Thanks!

I like it (even more?) and the bike works just fine. I have put a riser handlebar (20 mm) and a shorter stem (60mm) to get more upright. Feels good.

Only problem so far:
Creaking BB. Maybe it was a bad idea to put carbon paste before mounting the BB. I will get, or make, a bearing retainer to remove the BB92, wipe clean and re-install the bb again. (Or get a new one).

You may have already checked, but the noise can come from something else than the BB.
The frame is like a drum, a headset, a pedal, etc. can cause a creak that looks to come from the BB.

adbl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 08:41:31 AM »

[/quote]

Only problem so far:
[/quote]

I just had a similar issue on my bike. I swore up and down it was the bottom bracket so i changed it only to discover the creaking was still there. (not a big deal because i upgraded the BB and it made a huge difference in smoothness and efficiency)

I diagnosed it as the way the chain was coming off of the RaceFace narrow wide single crank gear. I run a KMC chain and it was feeling pretty stiff so i took the chain off, soaked it for a day in a cleaning solution, rinsed it off, installed and lubricated it and voila, creaking is gone!!! It's amazing where some sounds come from  ???

Vipassana

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
I chased what I thought was a creaking BB for weeks.  I rebuilt it a half dozen times.  I was CERTAIN in was the BB; all the signs were there.  I was cursing BB30 right and left wondering if I made a mistake

It turns out it was actually the replaceable dropouts in the frame and the aluminum axle/hub in the aluminum drop outs.  I greased in between the frame and dropouts and then between the hub and the dropouts and all was fixed.  Silent.

If I clean the bike really well and put the rear wheel in without grease, the creak/groan will come back back. 

MickeF

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
I chased what I thought was a creaking BB for weeks.  I rebuilt it a half dozen times.  I was CERTAIN in was the BB; all the signs were there.  I was cursing BB30 right and left wondering if I made a mistake

It turns out it was actually the replaceable dropouts in the frame and the aluminum axle/hub in the aluminum drop outs.  I greased in between the frame and dropouts and then between the hub and the dropouts and all was fixed.  Silent.

If I clean the bike really well and put the rear wheel in without grease, the creak/groan will come back back.

It seems it was the rear axel that wasn't tight enough!
I had a (small) crash and the handle on the rear axel took a hit (and so did my elbow and knee :) ) and got more tension / tighter.
Anyway, I think that may have solve the problem, because now: silent!  ;D