Author Topic: Mickes Dengfu M06 build  (Read 13140 times)

Le Duke

Re: Mickes Dengfu M06 build
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 07:38:52 AM »
This bike looks like a well designed copy of the Yeti ASRc. Very similar in many ways, even down to the 22.2mm bushing width.

carbonazza

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 08:02:04 AM »
So my thru axle has arrived, but without a lock nut. Mikael, did you use nut from other bike? Can you post a photo? I suppose it looks something like this.

Take care the thread may be different.
Between 1 and 2mm if I remember well.

MickeF

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 02:58:03 PM »
So my thru axle has arrived, but without a lock nut. Mikael, did you use nut from other bike? Can you post a photo? I suppose it looks something like this.

I ordered my axel from Dengfu, and it had a nut. Sorry, no pic :(

mlybaech

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 01:58:49 PM »
Hi Micke

How tall are you and how is the fit for you 17,5"? I am in doubt if I should buy a 19" or the 21" (height 190cm)
Have you taken it for a "real" ride and how does it feel?

Polo7

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »
I will ask for the "not-so-tall" group...

Height 1.70 cm, 17.5'' or 15.5''?

carbonazza

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »
You may have longer or shorter legs than someone else who has 170cm
Here is what I do when someone ask me for a build.

If you know your ideal saddle height. Good.
If not. Measure your inseam.
Multiply it by 0.883
This will be the length of the line between the crank axle and the top of your saddle.
Or any other method to get your saddle height as described here http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-get-your-seat-height-right-14608/

Report the saddle height directly on the geometry file, PDF or image.
I import the PDF or PNG, in Sketchup and scale it to the right dimension to draw on it directly.
Any other graphical tool familiar to you will do it.

This should give you something like this:

Then measure on the drawing:
  • the horizontal distance between the end of the saddle and the bar: here 874mm
  • the vertical distance between the saddle and the bar: 78.7mm
  • the horizontal distance between the end of the saddle and the crank: 369.3mm

Compare all this with your current bike, or a bike you like.
You should quickly see if the 17" or the 15.5" is better
(1) and (2) are the most important.

You have some room to play with:
  • The seatpost offset or moving the saddle forward/backward for (1) and (3)
  • The stem length for (1)
  • The stem angle, spacers or a riser bar for (2)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 06:27:56 PM by carbonazza »

MickeF

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »
Hi Micke

How tall are you and how is the fit for you 17,5"? I am in doubt if I should buy a 19" or the 21" (height 190cm)
Have you taken it for a "real" ride and how does it feel?

I'm 175 cm, and have the 17.5". And I opted for 170mm cranks.
Since the '06 is "similar" to the Scott Spark RC 900 WC, looking at Scotts size chart might help! (click link "Find your size")

And yes, I have taken it for a (two, actually) "real" ride. So far I'm very pleased!

I set the sag to 20 %, tire pressure to 22 psi. It runs really well on rocky/rooty trails.
The McLeod seems to be a good shock (but I have nothing to compare with), and combined with the Fox Float (Fit4) there's not much of pedaling bob when running in trail-mode. When locked it feels almost like my HT. Disclaimer: This is my first FS! Still much to learn.

Is it fast? Two PB's and one KOM in Strava! So far...
(For those who don't know what Strava (the app) is, that means: it's a bike that can deliver speed...) :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:05:58 PM by MickeF »

Polo7

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »
You may have longer or shorter legs than someone else who has 170cm
Here is what I do when someone ask me for a build.

If you know your ideal saddle height. Good.
If not. Measure your inseam.
Multiply it by 0.883
This will be the length of the line between the crank axle and the top of your saddle.
Or any other method to get your saddle height as described here http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-get-your-seat-height-right-14608/

Thank you carbonazza, I will check this method. I have a 29'' inseam, so short legs, long torso. I usually fall towards the end of Small, beginning of Medium for most bike manufacturers. Checking Scott's sizing guide puts me on the same spot.

mlybaech

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »
Good to hear that you are satisfied Micke, and that it is pretty fast on the track. I have been riding a Chinese Carbon HT for three years and have been very satisfied. Would like something that is a bit more slack but still with lots of speed. Looks like the M06 frame could be the one. According to the Scott sizefinder I should go for an XL in the Spark 900RC. The XL is a little bit larger than the 21" M06 so that should suit me perfect.
Thanks for the inputs from the rest of you too

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »
That is one bright green fork!
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

steven-iam

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
Hi Mickes,

Thank you so much for your post. It was a great help.

In case you're interested, here is the post on my new Deng-Fu M06. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1186.0.html

Stinkfisk

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 02:16:19 PM »
Cant seem to get my rear axle in place, is it really 142x12mm thru axle? (Not X12)

tbonebrown

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
Hello folks and nice build OP!  Bike looks awesome and glad to hear you are breaking land speed records on it.  hahaha

Are you or anyone willing to disclose how much you spent for the full build?  Looks like you purchased a lot of new parts, which I would be doing myself as I don't have any used parts that I want to put on my build.

I run a Salsa Bucksaw now but would love to have a regular sized tire FS in my quiver.  I'm just curious to know how much these Chinese builds are costing you folks from start to finish?  I have  good friend that used to be a bike mechanic in Moab so he can help with the build but want to know the cost.  Any input you folks are wiling to share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

***  I'm aware it comes down to components but would like a cost of their build from someone just to get a baseline.  I don't need top-of-the-line components but I would not be cheaping out if and when I do the build.  Thanks again folks!  ***
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:50:36 AM by tbonebrown »

MickeF

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 01:04:52 PM »
Hi Mickes,

Thank you so much for your post. It was a great help.

In case you're interested, here is the post on my new Deng-Fu M06. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1186.0.html

Glad to help!
Nice build you've got there! :)

MickeF

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 02:58:12 PM »
Hello folks and nice build OP!  Bike looks awesome and glad to hear you are breaking land speed records on it.  hahaha

Are you or anyone willing to disclose how much you spent for the full build?  Looks like you purchased a lot of new parts, which I would be doing myself as I don't have any used parts that I want to put on my build.

I run a Salsa Bucksaw now but would love to have a regular sized tire FS in my quiver.  I'm just curious to know how much these Chinese builds are costing you folks from start to finish?  I have  good friend that used to be a bike mechanic in Moab so he can help with the build but want to know the cost.  Any input you folks are wiling to share would be appreciated.

Thanks!

***  I'm aware it comes down to components but would like a cost of their build from someone just to get a baseline.  I don't need top-of-the-line components but I would not be cheaping out if and when I do the build.  Thanks again folks!  ***

Well, it IS the prices of components + frame and shipping. So your baseline varies depending on components.
Baseline: €2000 - €2200 + wheels