Author Topic: Mickes Dengfu M06 build  (Read 13187 times)

mercenary

Re: Mickes Dengfu M06 build
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
Do you have a remote for your rear shock? Do you even need one?

MickeF

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 04:18:15 AM »
Do you have a remote for your rear shock? Do you even need one?

I don't have a remote, not sure I need one.
If I do get a remote, I'm aiming for something like the Scott Twinloc.

lRaphl

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »
After a few weeks riding this bike, how do you feel about it? Anything you would do differently? Still like it as much as after the first 2 rides?

Thanks!

MickeF

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 03:38:45 PM »
After a few weeks riding this bike, how do you feel about it? Anything you would do differently? Still like it as much as after the first 2 rides?

Thanks!

I like it (even more?) and the bike works just fine. I have put a riser handlebar (20 mm) and a shorter stem (60mm) to get more upright. Feels good.

Only problem so far:
Creaking BB. Maybe it was a bad idea to put carbon paste before mounting the BB. I will get, or make, a bearing retainer to remove the BB92, wipe clean and re-install the bb again. (Or get a new one).

carbonazza

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 02:32:37 PM »

Thanks!

I like it (even more?) and the bike works just fine. I have put a riser handlebar (20 mm) and a shorter stem (60mm) to get more upright. Feels good.

Only problem so far:
Creaking BB. Maybe it was a bad idea to put carbon paste before mounting the BB. I will get, or make, a bearing retainer to remove the BB92, wipe clean and re-install the bb again. (Or get a new one).

You may have already checked, but the noise can come from something else than the BB.
The frame is like a drum, a headset, a pedal, etc. can cause a creak that looks to come from the BB.

adbl

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 08:41:31 AM »

[/quote]

Only problem so far:
[/quote]

I just had a similar issue on my bike. I swore up and down it was the bottom bracket so i changed it only to discover the creaking was still there. (not a big deal because i upgraded the BB and it made a huge difference in smoothness and efficiency)

I diagnosed it as the way the chain was coming off of the RaceFace narrow wide single crank gear. I run a KMC chain and it was feeling pretty stiff so i took the chain off, soaked it for a day in a cleaning solution, rinsed it off, installed and lubricated it and voila, creaking is gone!!! It's amazing where some sounds come from  ???

Vipassana

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
I chased what I thought was a creaking BB for weeks.  I rebuilt it a half dozen times.  I was CERTAIN in was the BB; all the signs were there.  I was cursing BB30 right and left wondering if I made a mistake

It turns out it was actually the replaceable dropouts in the frame and the aluminum axle/hub in the aluminum drop outs.  I greased in between the frame and dropouts and then between the hub and the dropouts and all was fixed.  Silent.

If I clean the bike really well and put the rear wheel in without grease, the creak/groan will come back back. 

MickeF

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
I chased what I thought was a creaking BB for weeks.  I rebuilt it a half dozen times.  I was CERTAIN in was the BB; all the signs were there.  I was cursing BB30 right and left wondering if I made a mistake

It turns out it was actually the replaceable dropouts in the frame and the aluminum axle/hub in the aluminum drop outs.  I greased in between the frame and dropouts and then between the hub and the dropouts and all was fixed.  Silent.

If I clean the bike really well and put the rear wheel in without grease, the creak/groan will come back back.

It seems it was the rear axel that wasn't tight enough!
I had a (small) crash and the handle on the rear axel took a hit (and so did my elbow and knee :) ) and got more tension / tighter.
Anyway, I think that may have solve the problem, because now: silent  ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:12:27 PM by MickeF »

MickeF

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »
Update: The frame is still working just fine! No issues at all after just under 3500 km of riding in various conditions. Single tracks, steep climbing and descents.
Really like the geometry and balance.
No creaks or other issues. *knock on wood.

Pic from Ă…hus, Sweden

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:30:06 PM by MickeF »

adbl

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »
It seems it was the rear axel that wasn't tight enough!
I had a (small) crash and the handle on the rear axel took a hit (and so did my elbow and knee :) ) and got more tension / tighter.
Anyway, I think that may have solve the problem, because now: silent!  ;D

I went to a DT Swiss RWS axle and it really stabilized the entire rear triangle of the bike! I can get the wheel mounting as tight as I need to and still remove the wheel on the trail if needed. Yes, it's a couple of grams heavier but well worth the weight!!!