Author Topic: Steven-iam's DengFu M06 Build  (Read 12037 times)

Klaster_1

Re: Steven-iam's DengFu M06 Build
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 01:23:40 AM »
Second the blue loctite. Also make sure bottom axle preload bolt is fine, it's the same system Shimano HT2 cranks use. I had hard time trying to remove the axle without unscrewing it (I know, that's stupid).

steven-iam

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 10:35:57 PM »
I had hard time trying to remove the axle without unscrewing it.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a bottom axle preload bolt?

Klaster_1

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:35 AM »
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a bottom axle preload bolt?
Here's the lowermost frame linkage axle. If I understand it right, the topmost part has a slot in outer threads, a conical recess and some thread inside underneath the recess, so you can screw this bolt into it. The further the bolt is screwed in, the more outer axle thread diameter increases (it can because of outer thread slot, like two flower petals), which in turn restricts axle movement through inner bearing race. The whole setup looks similar to this Shimano non-driveside crankarm preload cap.

steven-iam

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »
... the lowermost frame linkage axle....

Great explanation. Very good to know. I'm probably not going to mess with anything until the bearings start wearing. Hopefully it will be a while. Thank you so much for your response.

steven-iam

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:54 PM »
Update:
First real problem. I went from a 2.1 Racing Ralph rear tire to a 2.25 redline. During a race last weekend my rear tire was hitting the frame on hard landings. Just a couple of times, but who wants to rub a frame? Looks like i'm going back to 2.1.

sclyde2

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2017, 12:06:31 AM »
2.25 redline?  What tyre is that?  Are you referring to one of the schwalbe tyres with the addix speed compound?  If so, which one?  Another racing Ralph?

Klaster_1

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 12:14:24 AM »
Just a couple of times, but who wants to rub a frame? Looks like i'm going back to 2.1.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of layers of protection tape should be enough against occasional rub, unless there's a sharp rock stuck between threads, which shouldn't happen often considering how rarely spaced knobs are on XC/marathon tires.

steven-iam

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 12:32:44 PM »
  Another racing Ralph?
Yes you are correct, another Racing Ralph Addix. Sorry I should have been more specific. Also, why can’t us Americans spell tyre?

steven-iam

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 12:35:34 PM »
... a couple of layers of protection tape should be enough...
Great idea I’ll give it a try. Thank you