Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

take chance on $15 NECO

(1/3) > >>

danK:
About to place order for 057, and it seems a few warn to stay away from the NECO headset, but a search shows few riders have no issue for years.

I'm a Cane Creek 40 series kind of rider, no need to spend big bucks on a headset, but is the overwhelming consensus "stay away from the $15 Neco" and go with a $30 Cane Creek, or is the Neco a good way to save a few bucks?

Thanks. Great forum (obviously joined moments ago).

exzos:
Very impressed with the quality on mine

MTB2223:

--- Quote from: danK on March 31, 2017, 06:37:43 AM ---it seems a few warn to stay away from the NECO headset, but a search shows few riders have no issue for years.

--- End quote ---
That's nonsense. The NECO headset is a good headset. The best you can get for the money. The CC isn't as twice better than the NECO. When there's water or mud in the headset, the CC is warned out as quick as the NECO.

I've got multiple NECO headset on stock. If one of the  current headsets is warned out, I'll replace it. Once in a year or two. We're all riding NECO (three chiners, three NECO's). And they last at least a year without problem.

danK:
Thank you!

Sitar_Ned:
I had the exact same thoughts when I built mine and ended up going with the CC. If I had to do it again (when I do it again) I'll probably just go with the Neco.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version