Author Topic: Anyone know of any frames that look similar to the ones used in the tour this ye  (Read 1036 times)

Nickk2000

Wondering if you guys have seen frames that look similar in terms of geo as used in the tour, for instance, something that looks like the v3rs, or maybe a focus izalco max, trek emonda/madone.

Also interested in a merida reacto geometry, a supersix/systemsix, willier slr,  and factor geometries.

Obviously not going to copy them and have a fake version, but i do like the geometry and curves some of them resemble.

carbonazza

What makes the new geometry?

dpitel

I mean, the Reacto/SS look like fairly generic nice aero frames with dropped stays. The Emonda/Madone, on the other hand are pretty unique and are yet to have a mass-produced clone. You CAN find V3RS clones on AliExpress but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with that kind of clone- I'm OK with bike that are essentially just copying a geometry, but when you cross the line to counterfeit it starts to sketch me out.

Nickk2000

Yeah im not looking for a clone, but i would like something that looks similar. A good example would be the tarmac and the 168. The 168 is missing that dropped headset area and maybe a few designs but otherwise they are very similar. Im trying to think about what my next build will be. Dont know if i want a full aero, semi aero like the v3rs or a super lightweight one.