Author Topic: F10 T1000 Feedback  (Read 87569 times)

FirstCFbike

F10 T1000 Feedback
« on: April 09, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
First post.  Looking at the frame on eBay.  Any feedback from the forum on them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172557770653?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thank you.

FirstCFbike

Re: F10 T1000 Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Seems to be the same frames carried by other vendors in DH Gate

http://www.dhgate.com/product/t1000-2017-3k-1k-road-carbon-fiber-bike-frame/396780289.html#s1-1-1b;searl|1152616918

Maybe too new for anyone to have some experience with it... I want to get it in matte finish with the 3K CF finish... no paint and no decals.

Plan is to get a Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Groupset to go with the frame... Not sure on what wheels to use at this time... still pretty much in research mode.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:48:34 AM »
I am so eager to pull the trigger... but not sure if I forgo looks and go with a proven frame that others here have shared their build... argghhhhhh! 

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »
I honestly wouldn't worry about being new all too much since it's a road frame. They just aren't beaten on as much as the mtb frames. Others might disagree with that statement so don't take it as gospel.. I'm not very experienced with road bikes.

It certainly looks bad ass.. especially for the price. Got me wanting one. Looks like a $2500 frame. i know people kinda frown upon the chiners that have decals to look like name brand frames, but that black and gray Pinarello decal frame looks pretty sweet.

I say if you like the geometry, and that's the frame you really want.. go for it. Try to buy from a trusted seller and get the bike you want.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »
I honestly wouldn't worry about being new all too much since it's a road frame. They just aren't beaten on as much as the mtb frames. Others might disagree with that statement so don't take it as gospel.. I'm not very experienced with road bikes.

It certainly looks bad ass.. especially for the price. Got me wanting one. Looks like a $2500 frame. i know people kinda frown upon the chiners that have decals to look like name brand frames, but that black and gray Pinarello decal frame looks pretty sweet.

I say if you like the geometry, and that's the frame you really want.. go for it. Try to buy from a trusted seller and get the bike you want.

Thank you.  The challenge that I have is that this vendor seems to be the only one selling that frame and I can find references nor other buyer's feedback.  Would be great if I could find someone that took delivery and can provide their opinion.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:29:57 AM by FirstCFbike »

SportingGoods

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 07:48:24 AM »
I'm one of those who doesn't like brand names decals on Chiners frames  8) (but I don't think you mentioned you want decals!)

I see 2 problems. First, this turns the frame into a pure counterfeit product, just because of the decals. Maybe the frame is different enough that it doesn't infringe the design of the original frame (or the design is not protected at all), but the decals do (names are protected). This is illegal and I don't support that. Then, time might come when you will want to resell your bike, completed. Some people might be tempted to claim it is a real Dogma, just to up the sell price. This is wrong.

All this can be avoided by refusing this type of decals.

I forgot to mention that if the frame is noticeably different from a Dogma, and people spot the difference, you look plain stupid. I also forgot to mention that if customs decides to have a look at your parcel they will not only keep your frame but also send you a fine (and the seller will keep his money).

Then, I thought like Sitar Ned that road bikes takes a lot less stress then a MTB. That was before I get a road bike. Now I understand that there is a pretty strong stress because of the narrow tires and high speed. Cobbles, rail tracks are very stressful. Any bump, road crack causes high stress at 70, 80, 90+ km/h. Riding my MTB transfers less vibration/impact then riding my road bike. Suspension and large tires are really efficient.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »
I'm one of those who doesn't like brand names decals on Chiners frames  8) (but I don't think you mentioned you want decals!)

I see 2 problems. First, this turns the frame into a pure counterfeit product, just because of the decals. Maybe the frame is different enough that it doesn't infringe the design of the original frame (or the design is not protected at all), but the decals do (names are protected). This is illegal and I don't support that. Then, time might come when you will want to resell your bike, completed. Some people might be tempted to claim it is a real Dogma, just to up the sell price. This is wrong.

All this can be avoided by refusing this type of decals.

I forgot to mention that if the frame is noticeably different from a Dogma, and people spot the difference, you look plain stupid. I also forgot to mention that if customs decides to have a look at your parcel they will not only keep your frame but also send you a fine (and the seller will keep his money).

Then, I thought like Sitar Ned that road bikes takes a lot less stress then a MTB. That was before I get a road bike. Now I understand that there is a pretty strong stress because of the narrow tires and high speed. Cobbles, rail tracks are very stressful. Any bump, road crack causes high stress at 70, 80, 90+ km/h. Riding my MTB transfers less vibration/impact then riding my road bike. Suspension and large tires are really efficient.

I do not want paint nor any decals, correct.  I don't want to pass it for what it is not.  I do love the looks and lines of this frame and that is the only reason I am looking at it.  I already exchanged a few messages with the vendor on finishes.  If I decide to buy it it will be finished in 3K Carbon Fiber matte finish (not DU)... now, I know, as someone pointed out, exposed carbon fiber finish is so a thing of the past and DU is the new thing... call me old school... I still like the matte cf expose finish on these parts.

Also looking at these wheels...

or going with Shimano Ultegras... two different looks, I know...

And the other option is going with a GAN 105...

Right now the questions that I am trying to answer is.   If you can detach from the genuine frame vs copy frame argument for a moment, is a Chinese build, with better parts, a better option than going with the GAN 105 as is?? This is really where I am at right now....

Once I decide if I go with Pinarello GAN 105 or with the Chinese frame... then I need to decide on the different components and start ordering. This is what I have so far in my list if I go with the Chinese frame:

• Frame (Package includes - Frame, Fork, Seatpost, Clamp, Headset) - US$540.00 shipped
  • Shimano Ultegra 6800 Group Set- US$529.99
  • Shimano Ultegra PD-6800 Carbon SPD SL Road Pedals - US$96.49
  • Not sure on the saddle, but for budget purposes - US$150.00 - something along the lines of Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow Vanox or Selle Italia SLR SuperflowTi or ?? Need recommendations here...
  • Not sure on the wheels. Trying to decide between Shimano Ultegra Wheel Set - US289.49 or the Queen Bike Carbon Fiber Road Bike Wheels 50mm Clincher Wheelset 700c Racing Bike Wheel avail in Amazon - US$329.00 -Need recommendations here...
  • Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 348 Road Bike Tire or the Continental Gator Hardshell DuraSkin - around US$85.00 for the pair.
  • Continental Race 28 700c x 20-25 Bike Tubes (5 Pack) - 60mm Presta Valve - US$24.34 for the 5-pack

Still researching/deciding on:
  • Handlebar
  • Handlebar Post
  • Handlebar Tape
  • Computer/GPS
  • Shoes
  • Helmet
  • Bottle holder and water bottle
Anything I get is sure to be better than my current ride... do not laugh... 1999 Pacific YX 240 with road tires...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:17:36 AM by FirstCFbike »

SportingGoods

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 10:51:26 AM »
I like 3K carbon weave too, but I picked mine in Glossy  8)

Actually, I get both. My MTB is UD mat, my road bike is 3K Glossy. I think glossy fits better to 3K when mat fits better to UD (personal choice!). My choice would be to mount a chiner with better components then a brand bike. I like building bikes. I trust my bikes a lot more then I trust any other bike. And I'd pick the carbon wheels from China, not Shimano. Now that I know how to build wheels I prefer to mount them myself. I get exactly what I want, for less, and it is more robust then stock wheels. The Ultegra groupset is fantastic.

PS: nice bike! try to sell it to a museum :)
And it looks like you also get a nice car. What is that enxt to the bike??

FirstCFbike

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »
I like 3K carbon weave too, but I picked mine in Glossy  8)

Actually, I get both. My MTB is UD mat, my road bike is 3K Glossy. I think glossy fits better to 3K when mat fits better to UD (personal choice!). My choice would be to mount a chiner with better components then a brand bike. I like building bikes. I trust my bikes a lot more then I trust any other bike. And I'd pick the carbon wheels from China, not Shimano. Now that I know how to build wheels I prefer to mount them myself. I get exactly what I want, for less, and it is more robust then stock wheels. The Ultegra groupset is fantastic.

PS: nice bike! try to sell it to a museum :)
And it looks like you also get a nice car. What is that enxt to the bike??

Upside down photo  ;)  I did not have a photo of the bike on the floor...

FirstCFbike

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 11:41:35 PM »
Well... 

Frame ordered... worst case scenario, I ended up also buying the Pinarello GAN if this frame does not work out...

FirstCFbike

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
Updating parts ordered, prices, and vendors - prices include shipping

EDIT April 21st - Adding the build list here. Updating parts ordered, prices, and vendors - prices include shipping

Frame (Package includes - Frame, Fork, Seatpost, Clamp, Headset, and two spare rear derailleur hangers) - US$540.00 - eBay

Ordered from Competitive Cyclist -
Most Aero 1K Carbon Top Cap Black, 15mm - MOS0004-BK-S45MM - US$31.49
Most Aero 1K Carbon Headset Spacer Black, 2 Pack, 10mm - MOS0006-BKS2PAC-S10MM - US$9.89
Most Aero 1K Carbon Headset Spacer Black, 2 Pack, 5mm - MOS0006-BKS2PAC-S5MM - US$7.19

Most Aero Bicycle Headset Expander Plug Top Cover - MO-16-AERO-TOP-COVER-1K - US$31.18 - Amazon

Edit:  Found one set in eBay, so ordered those instead - - US$42.99 for these parts:

Continental GatorSkin DuraSkin Tire Folding - 700x25 - US$88.00 - Amazon

Shimano Ultegra PD-6800 Spd-Sl Pedals Carbon, Pair - US$88.99 - JensonUSA
Shimano Ultegra 6800 Tubeless Wheelset Black/Silver, 10/11 Speed - US$279.99 - JensonUSA
Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow Saddle Black, L3, TI-316 Rails - US$179.99 - JensonUSA
Continental 700C Presta Valve Tube 700 X 18-25, 42mm Presta Valve (2) - US$12.00 - JensonUSA
US$20.00 oversize shipping cost - JensonUSA

Shimano Ultegra 6800 Quick Release Grey, Rear and Front Skewers (was not aware these were sold separately... US$22.00 - JensonUSA - Edit - Looks like I will have a spare set...for the price I rather keep them than return them.  So beware, the Shimano Wheelset includes these...
Shoes - These were on special... I hope I got the size correct... Shimano SH-RP3 Wide Road Shoes Black, 43 - US$99.99 - Ordered - JensonUSA
Handlebar Tape - Ended up with all black tape... Shimano Pro Sport Control Bar Tape Black - US$9.99 - Ordered - JensonUSA

Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Groupset - Grey - 172.5mm-11/28-34/50 BSA - Box- US$530.24 - ProBikeKit

Kool Kovers-Cleat covers for Shimano SPD-SL Pedal Systems - US$14.17 - Amazon

Tools (all ordered from Amazon):
Park Tool Mini Chain Brute Chain Tool - CT-5 - US$15.26
Hozan 4th Hand Brake Tool - US$17.04
Best Value Torque Wrench Set - IRONARM Torque Wrench Bike. Good Bicycle Repair Tools and Allen Key Set - US$43.95
Park Tool BBT-9 Bottom Bracket Tool to remove and install Shimano Hollowtech II bottom brackets. - US$19.34
Finish Line Ceramic Grease 2-Ounce Tube US$9.96
Shimano Hollowtech-II crank-arm/cap tool, TL-FC16 - US$5.32

BV Bicycle Y-Series Strap-On Bike Saddle Bag / Bicycle Seat Pack Bag, Cycling Wedge in Medium size - US$14.99 - Amazon
Relefree Mini Bike Pump Portable Bicycle Frame Pump - 260 PSI High Pressure for All Road & Mountain Cycle Tires or Soccer,Basketball and Volleyball Presta & Schrader Valve - US$15.89 - Amazon
Park Tool Supergrip Carbon and Alloy Assembly Compound - 4 oz. tube - US$10.76 - Amazon
Shimano 11-Speed Chain Pins 11-Speed, Bag of 3 - US$9.40 - Amazon
Vktech 5x Converter Presta to Schrader Bicycle Bike Valve Adaptor Tube Pump Tools (only needed one but these come in a bag of 5) - US$3.49 - Amazon

Handlebar - eBay - US$34.18
Handlebar Stem - Amazon -  US$63.99

Computer/GPS - Wahoo Elemnt Bolt - US$349.99

Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 Brake Cable Set Polymer-Coated Brake Cable Set Black -  JensonUSA - US$25.99
Shimano Dura-Ace Polymer Shift Cable Set Polymer-Coated Deraileur Cable Set Black - JensonUSA - US$26.99
Water bottles - Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 Oz Bottle Red, 25 Oz - JensonUSA - US$21.90 (pair)
Bottle holder/cage - eBay - US$34.18 (pair)
Helmet - Giro Foray Helmet - Picked at the local bike shop. -US$59.99

Pending:

Bell - Spurcycle Bell in Black
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:34:36 PM by FirstCFbike »

FirstCFbike

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 12:13:14 AM »
Frame is here!!!! (And yes...I know the forks are in the wrong direction, lol )

Everything looks great.  It looks all black in the photos, but it is actually a 3K carbon fiber finish.  Need to get close to see it.

Will see, quality wise, how it holds up.  Almost done with the build.  Can't wait to take it for a ride.

It is coming along... messed up the front brake cable length and had to do it again... so need to pick up another cable tomorrow to do the rear brake...

I also ordered two more spacers for the fork/stem setup.  I want to make sure I have enough length to adjust height as I find the right fitment specs for me.  What you see in the photo is just a round 10 mm spacer I used to measure and be able to cut the fork tube.

RoadClimber

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 12:52:54 AM »
Hi FirstCFbike:

Nice frame man! I like it. I am trying to do the same, I mean to build my own bike and I would like to ask you some questions. How long did it take? Where in eBay did you get it? Is there any reason why you did not want to get the frame painted? What's the measure of the rear spacing? and.. what would be the maximum tyre width you can use with the wheels you have? Is the bottom bracket BSA=BB68? Do you think I can go 32-36 in the rear cassette?
Thanks for your feedback and comments, again. nice set up for your bike.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 07:35:07 AM »
Hi FirstCFbike:

Nice frame man! I like it. I am trying to do the same, I mean to build my own bike and I would like to ask you some questions. How long did it take? Where in eBay did you get it? Is there any reason why you did not want to get the frame painted? What's the measure of the rear spacing? and.. what would be the maximum tyre width you can use with the wheels you have? Is the bottom bracket BSA=BB68? Do you think I can go 32-36 in the rear cassette?
Thanks for your feedback and comments, again. nice set up for your bike.

I ordered the frame on April 13.  So it took a month to make and deliver.  Once it was shipped it was just a few days to get here.

I bought it via eBay, correct.  You don't see the listing anymore because it got removed since they were using photos with logos... I can give you their email.  Transaction was via PayPal (I wanted that protection since it was my first time buying from them).  But they kept great communication and replied quickly every time I asked for an update.

On the paint.  Several reasons.  Paint was 100.00 additional charge.  First frame that I buy from them and wanted to keep my out of pocket risk to the minimum.  Also,  I did not want any stickers/logos nor paint, as I did not wanted to pass this for something that it is not.   And even (as someone told me) if it is so "yesterday/old look" by today's trend, I like the bare carbon fiber look.  Now that I see the frame and the quality (still to be completely tested when I finish it and take it for a ride)... anyway, now, if I had to do it again, I would have ordered it painted in some cool colors (but still no logos/stickers).  Even a full painted frame in red would have looked amazing... I might just do that (order a second one painted), but need the wallet to heal before I do so :)

Rear spacing?  For tires you mean?  I will measure, take some photos, and get back to you.  Right now I am running 25 mm tires with good clearance, but have not measured anything.

Correct.  Bottom bracket is BSA/BB68.  I cleaned the threads (some carbon dust in them).  There was also just one spot that had some resin on it... got one of those thread cleaner blades with the 24 tooth spacing

and it cleaned right away.  Greased them, and everything bolted smoothly by hand before applying spec torque.

32-26 in the rear cassette - Sorry.  ???  Can't help you there.  Do not understand the question.  I am a newbie (I mean, I have ridden bicycles since I was a kid... but never gotten as technical as things are today... so I am still learning).  I ordered what seemed to me to be a common setup   :-\

I hope that helps.  Will get you the additional info when I get home from work.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:52:12 PM by FirstCFbike »

RoadClimber

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the time you spent to answer my questions. Yes, I would like you to give me the email address so that I can start reaching out the guy. Knowing that your transaction was safe, I will start the process to purchase the frame. I will wait for those pictures you are going to take to see the rear spacing measure. I think, it should be 130mm for 25-28 mm tyres but I am not sure as I have not seen the measure. Was the bottom bracket you ordered BSA=BB68 English or Italy. You probably asked for the English, right?  Did you have to pay any import duties or taxes? Was it door-to-door delivery? I am sorry for the many questions I am asking to you man, but I want to make sure this is safe to do it. My question about the 32-36 is because I am planning to get a rear cassette with sprockets 32-36 for climbing. Which cassette do you have? 11-28,11-32? If you used Ultegra, you probably have 11-28, 11-32. That's the reason I asked you that. The front crankset should be 50-34, compact, right?

Thanks for the information and waiting for that final picture when you finish assembling your bike. By the way, what is the final weight you are expecting once you build it.

RoadClimber