Author Topic: F10 T1000 Feedback  (Read 87572 times)

FirstCFbike

Re: F10 T1000 Feedback
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
Hi:

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the time you spent to answer my questions. Yes, I would like you to give me the email address so that I can start reaching out the guy. Knowing that your transaction was safe, I will start the process to purchase the frame. I will wait for those pictures you are going to take to see the rear spacing measure. I think, it should be 130mm for 25-28 mm tyres but I am not sure as I have not seen the measure. Was the bottom bracket you ordered BSA=BB68 English or Italy. You probably asked for the English, right?  Did you have to pay any import duties or taxes? Was it door-to-door delivery? I am sorry for the many questions I am asking to you man, but I want to make sure this is safe to do it. My question about the 32-36 is because I am planning to get a rear cassette with sprockets 32-36 for climbing. Which cassette do you have? 11-28,11-32? If you used Ultegra, you probably have 11-28, 11-32. That's the reason I asked you that. The front crankset should be 50-34, compact, right?

Thanks for the information and waiting for that final picture when you finish assembling your bike. By the way, what is the final weight you are expecting once you build it.

RoadClimber

Ask away... no worries there.  Do check reply #10 in this thread.  I try to keep the complete list of parts ordered as well as what I paid and the vendor.

Frame was US$450.00 + US$90.00 shipping to the USA.  That was it.  No additional costs.... if you wanted a painted frame with decals, it was an additional US$100.00
Bottom bracket is English, not Italian.  It is the BB68 - This is what I asked for: Order was for 1 Frame (Package includes - Frame, Fork, Seatpost, Clamp, Headset) Size 50 cm Bottom Bracket - BB68 for Shimano Groupset Finish - no stickers - finished in 3K Carbon fiber weave and in matte clear coat with spare rear derailleur hanger

For the groupset I have the Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 Speed Groupset - Grey - 172.5mm-11/28-34/50 BSA - Compact

Is this the measurement you are looking for?  The wheels I am using are the Shimano Ultegra 6800 Tubeless Wheelset Black/Silver, 10/11 Speed and those lock in place at 130 mm

RoadClimber

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »
Thanks! yes, that's the measure I thought it was. As I would like to start the purchase process, do you mind if you send me the email address of the guy so I can start working on it?
Do not forget to send the final pics when you finish building it. I've tried to look for it on eBay but there is nothing.  On another note, when you import goods there is a tax to pay, right? Is that something exclusively from eBay? I mean, tax exempt. Can you clarify on that please. The other vendors like DHGate and AliExpress tell the buyer to pay custom tax and import duty one.
Thanks,

RoadClimber

FirstCFbike

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 05:18:52 AM »
Thanks! yes, that's the measure I thought it was. As I would like to start the purchase process, do you mind if you send me the email address of the guy so I can start working on it?
Do not forget to send the final pics when you finish building it. I've tried to look for it on eBay but there is nothing.  On another note, when you import goods there is a tax to pay, right? Is that something exclusively from eBay? I mean, tax exempt. Can you clarify on that please. The other vendors like DHGate and AliExpress tell the buyer to pay custom tax and import duty one.
Thanks,

RoadClimber

Check your messages.  I sent you a PM last night with the info.

And nothing else paid.  540.00 was the total for the frame shipped.

carbonazza

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 06:38:50 AM »
If you are in Europe expect a 4% import duty.
If the frame is painted, expect a 48.5% of anti-dumping  :o (Especially Belgium, Spain, may be Germany)

If it is not painted, fight against the anti-dumping, it took 3 months, but I won.
A friend didn't have that chance, since he accepted the package, but then couldn't prove the unpainted frame was the one in the box(nasty trick).

Then add your VAT, something about 20%.
And a fixed amount like 30€ to handle your custom declaration.

The world is not the same for everyone.

karstenhorn

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 07:42:24 AM »
If you are in Europe expect a 4% import duty.
If the frame is painted, expect a 48.5% of anti-dumping  :o (Especially Belgium, Spain, may be Germany)

If it is not painted, fight against the anti-dumping, it took 3 months, but I won.
A friend didn't have that chance, since he accepted the package, but then couldn't prove the unpainted frame was the one in the box(nasty trick).

Then add your VAT, something about 20%.
And a fixed amount like 30€ to handle your custom declaration.

The world is not the same for everyone.

For Denmark that would be about 34%, 9% in customs and 25% import tax. That is if you do not get caught for importing copied goods. Its a obvious copy of a F10 and customs in Denmark are not stupid. I would never take the risk as I could end up with a fine of maybe 2000$+

carbonazza

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »
As long as you get it unbranded, I don't think there is any risk.

karstenhorn

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 08:00:33 AM »
As long as you get it unbranded, I don't think there is any risk.

There have been cases here in Denmark where the frame even had some local Chinese stickers where it got confiscated and the person who got it had a huge fine about the same size as the cost of the original brand. There is a trademark on the frame design and as I said, customs are extremely curious when goods arrive from China here. Apart from that, I would never buy a copy of something as I don't want to support illegal activities. If this frame design is protected by law, it is indeed criminal activity to produce a copy it and in my eyes also buying it as it is obvious that it is a copy product. I'm very happy with my open mold legal FM098 road frame.

lRaphl

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »
I'm in Canada and never had to pay anything for all my carbon parts from China (frames, wheels, rims, ...). But paying in US $ makes up for that big time with currency change here. ;)

FirstCFbike

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 09:19:40 AM »
...The world is not the same for everyone.

Correct.  Reason why I made it clear that this was in the USA...not sure where RoadClimber is located.

RoadClimber

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 02:24:29 PM »
Hi:
I checked reply #10 as indicated but there is no email from the vendor(eBay) you got the frame. The other parts I can see the vendors with the links.
If I can have the email from the guy I can star the purchasing process.
Thanks again

seahog32

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »
I'm in Canada and never had to pay anything for all my carbon parts from China (frames, wheels, rims, ...). But paying in US $ makes up for that big time with currency change here. ;)

I'm in Canada too and I find this hard to believe. I mean, no offence intended, but are you saying you never had to pay taxes and brockerage fees, if not duties, on expensive parts like frames and wheels? I know from personal experience that they don't charge you anything on cheap parts like seat post, handlebars or seats, but was sure they would not let a big price tag item slip by without getting their cut. If you can confirm that, that would be a game changing info for me. Thanks.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »
Hi:
I checked reply #10 as indicated but there is no email from the vendor(eBay) you got the frame. The other parts I can see the vendors with the links.
If I can have the email from the guy I can star the purchasing process.
Thanks again

Check your messages in the forum... I sent you a private message (PM) last night.  Click on "My Messages"

RoadClimber

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »
Hi FirstCFbike:

I sent you private messages. Hope you can answer those questions.

Thanks,

RoadClimber

lRaphl

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 08:05:23 AM »

I'm in Canada too and I find this hard to believe. I mean, no offence intended, but are you saying you never had to pay taxes and brockerage fees, if not duties, on expensive parts like frames and wheels? I know from personal experience that they don't charge you anything on cheap parts like seat post, handlebars or seats, but was sure they would not let a big price tag item slip by without getting their cut. If you can confirm that, that would be a game changing info for me. Thanks.

So far, I did 7 major orders from China.

1st: 2 carbon rims from Light Bicycle. No taxes or duties paid.
2nd: 1 Road bike frame with seat post, handlebar, stem, headset, 2 bottle cages, spare hanger and fork from Dengfu. No taxes or duties paid.
3rd: 1 pair of road wheels from Far Sports. No taxes or duties paid.
4th: 1 Carbon FS bike frame (IP-036) with headset, seat post, 4 bottle cages and a spare hanger from IPlay. No taxes or duties paid.
5th: 2 carbon rims from Carbonbicycle. No taxes or duties paid.
6th: 1 carbon rim from Carbonbicycle. No taxes or duties paid.
7th: 1 carbon rim and 2 bottle cages from XMCarbonSpeed. No taxes or duties paid.

RoadClimber

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »
RU in the USA?
Were all your orders delivered door-to-door?
I guess it depends on the country you live in, if the customer pays or not the import taxes and duties.