Author Topic: F10 T1000 Feedback  (Read 87576 times)

lRaphl

Re: F10 T1000 Feedback
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »
I'm in Canada and have to pay taxes on everything comming from other places like Chainreaction Cycles, Merlin Cycles, Ribbles, Bike24, Bike-components, etc. But it seems like carbon parts from China are not subjected to that! :)

seahog32

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
I'm in Canada and have to pay taxes on everything comming from other places like Chainreaction Cycles, Merlin Cycles, Ribbles, Bike24, Bike-components, etc. But it seems like carbon parts from China are not subjected to that! :)

Did the seller state a lower than actual price? Some of them seem to offer to do that. Happened to me once without asking. Anyway, thank you for the information.

lRaphl

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 07:34:27 AM »
Yes, the seller always stated a lower price without me asking. They also alway add that it's sample bicycle parts in the details.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 03:57:33 PM »
Well... looks like the major areas/issues are done.  Maybe some fine tuning... Still waiting for the bottle cage to arrive.  And using normal pedals for now while I get use to it.

Looking at the photos I remember that I was going to cut a bit more the rear brake housing :(  Will do so next...

Anyway... my first road bike.  Took it out just around the neighborhood... oh goodness... this thing is hard as a rock!  My a*s*s still hurts!  No wonder everyone uses the padded underware (or padded shorts) :eek:

Total weight of the bike as you see it in the photos is 19.18 lbs  Keep in mind that tool bag alone (tools inside) is 1.89lbs.  Plus the pedals are heavier than the Ultegra clipless units.   So with lighter tires, Ultegra pedals, taking off the toolbag... this could be a 17lbs bike.  I was not going after any specific weight... just sharing in case anyone cares.

I will need to get used to how harsh this bike rides.  Proper gear will certainly help.  I will have to build up to be able to go with my friend on his 50+ miles rides... no way in heck I can do that right away... (yes, I am quickly realizing what it will take to make such a long ride  :twitchy: )

Alright... let me ride this thing again... back in a few.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 03:59:32 PM by FirstCFbike »

FirstCFbike

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »
Took it out for 10 miles.  Made additional adjustments to the brakes (fixed the housing on the rear section of the rear brake line) and front/rear derailleur... it is done!  Well... at least for now, lol.  Shifting and braking is smooth.  Getting use to the seat.  I know my Old Navy shorts are not right for this ride, will get some decent riding gear soon.

Ohh... and I fixed the toolbag... I had installed it upside down  :-[

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 06:23:14 PM by FirstCFbike »

FirstCFbike

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »
Logo almost gone... will do a second coat tomorrow...

Very happy with the build.  Pretty sure a shop would have done a better job but a lot of the fun for me is doing the build myself.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:16:58 PM by FirstCFbike »

SportingGoods

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2017, 02:20:23 AM »
It looks very good! Congrats.

I like the 3K matte finish. A few thoughts:
- The bike should not feel harsh. I suspect that this comes from the tires. Use good quality, expensive, 25 mm tires, inflated low enough and it should be a smooth ride. The tire is your only contact with the road; as high quality the rest of the bike is, this is what ensures grip and damping. I like the Schwalbe Pro One mounted tubeless. Continental tires are known to be too rigid.
- make sure to adjust your saddle height properly. It should be higher then a MTB. Move it up gradually, it might feel odd at first but then you understand that this is how you can push strong. I use the formula inseam x 0.883 for the BB to top of saddle measurement.
- move to clipless pedals as soon as you can.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »
It looks very good! Congrats.

I like the 3K matte finish. A few thoughts:
- The bike should not feel harsh. I suspect that this comes from the tires. Use good quality, expensive, 25 mm tires, inflated low enough and it should be a smooth ride. The tire is your only contact with the road; as high quality the rest of the bike is, this is what ensures grip and damping. I like the Schwalbe Pro One mounted tubeless. Continental tires are known to be too rigid.
- make sure to adjust your saddle height properly. It should be higher then a MTB. Move it up gradually, it might feel odd at first but then you understand that this is how you can push strong. I use the formula inseam x 0.883 for the BB to top of saddle measurement.
- move to clipless pedals as soon as you can.

Thank you!! 

On the road feel.  I think it was more of a newbie first ride on a bike like this... remember where I come from in terms of riding  ;D 

I went with the Continental Gatorskin for road puncture protection... I would love to have an additional set of wheels with lighter tires/tubes.... maybe later when the wallet heals.

On saddle adjustment.  Well, overall bike fitting.  I used this to select frame size

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/catalog/fitCalculatorBike.jsp

And then used a few videos on setting seat height and seatback, etc.  Got a goniometer to measure the angle of my legs and adjusted the seat height.  And I had a plomb to determine the seatback.

On the clipless... I have the shoes and pedals... just a bit afraid of using them from the start and falling... will try them out this weekend.  Got some liner chamois short to use under my normal shorts... that will help with getting used to the seat and ride...

Baby steps... getting there :)

FirstCFbike

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »
I also ordered some mirrors.  Went with these.  Did not feel good riding without being able to see behind me.

Sprintech Roadbike Review Mirrors (Pair)

SportingGoods

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 11:34:51 AM »
Tubeless is all you want for puncture protection. I highly recommend Schwalbe Pro One mounted tubeless as they offer everything: puncture resistance, super smooth ride, low weight.

And for the mirror... I will just refer to this: http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#66  ;D

FirstCFbike

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 12:06:45 PM »
...And for the mirror... I will just refer to this: http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#66  ;D

hahahahahahahah reminded me of this movie...

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:35:22 PM by FirstCFbike »

RoadClimber

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:31 PM »
Congrats!

I see you finally finished building your bike. Get used to the pedals and do not be afraid of falling onto the floor. It may happen but you have to try them.
Let us know how it goes.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2017, 10:23:55 AM »
Congrats!

I see you finally finished building your bike. Get used to the pedals and do not be afraid of falling onto the floor. It may happen but you have to try them.
Let us know how it goes.

I will try those this weekend... holding on to a car or something...

On other news.  Stopped by the local shop and got a front light...

Do not mock my tape wrapping skills  :D :P

FirstCFbike

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2017, 01:52:58 PM »
Hi FirstCFbike:

I sent you private messages. Hope you can answer those questions.

Thanks,

RoadClimber

I just sent you a PM... reach out to the vendor for this.

Well... I was not happy with how the  front derailleur cable was going into just a hole behind the seat tube, this just stayed in the back of my mind... Went to the local shop and sure enough... it should have a cable guide (grommet) .  Similar to this:

I sent an email to the vendor that sold me the frame to see if they have these and can send them as soon as possible.   

I did place a cable cover on the cable to avoid direct contact with the frame... but I want the right grommet for that spot... the one I got from the local shop was a generic one they gave me to test and it does not fit...

And no, local shop did not have the Pinarello factory units to sell separately.  They are supposed to come with the frame.  Mine being a China frame (I was open with them on this...) it is pretty much " good luck mate! ".  But they did try to help.

So email to the frame vendor and the search is on for something that fits in case the vendor is unable to provide them.

FirstCFbike

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2017, 03:52:59 PM »
I have a friend with an F8... This is what he has... interesting...  that is not the normal cable housing.  Just a sleeve that goes into a grommet... darn it... I need to take more photos...

and it seems to cover the bend as well...