Author Topic: F10 T1000 Feedback  (Read 87570 times)

FirstCFbike

Re: F10 T1000 Feedback
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
A few things came in today:

Bottle cages

Wahoo Bolt

Sensors installed

Also took a few photos of my front derailleur cable...

Ordered some Jagwire Black Housing Liner (30 meters roll) and added some Jagwire Inline Index Detent Adjusters as well... Taking into account some of the recommendations made by a few fellow members and to improve the way the front derailleur cable goes in.

With the longer cable liner I can install everything with the liner going over the bottom piece like my friend's F8

Better to do this now (rain scheduled for the weekend helps in the decision, lol )

FirstCFbike

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
Fully loaded photo... 20.13 lbs - again... I was not shooting for any particular weight target... just sharing total weight of the build.

Wahoo Bolt and sensors
Lights
Tool bag full of essentials
Water cages and bottles
Heavy normal pedals (I have the Ultegra pedals that I will test this weekend)
Wheels with tires, inner tubes, and skewers are 5.5lbs alone!  But I need those for now for my heavy a*s*s*

Maybe when I loose the 50lbs again, I can worry about weight reduction on the bike :D

FirstCFbike

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
Now I am done (with the exception of swapping pedals this weekend)....

Mirrors installed

I feel much better now.  Even if it goes against rule 66 as mentioned before (loved reading those rules, thank you for sharing! ) .  :P

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#66
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:55:08 AM by FirstCFbike »

SportingGoods

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2017, 02:36:03 AM »
Really nice... I get a few questions and comment:
- Comment first: I've had the Wahoo speed and cadence sensor. Not really happy. Speed sensor was draining battery like hell (48h and battery was dead). Wahoo service was fantastic to replace it. That said, my GPS only uses GPS-speed not sensor speed, and my home trainer now uses my powermeter, not speed sensor. So I have no need anymore. Cadence sensor was not working great, drop to 0 rpm as soon as I was out of the saddle, drop rpm as soon as bike is not perfectly straight. Again, Wahoo replaced it but the replacement one is not much better. Now I get cadence from my power meter too, so I don't use it either anymore. I love the concept though, with no magnet.
- Question: please report on the Wahoo Bolt. I consider buying this or a Garmin Edge 820. It looks good!
- Another question: is that a Garmin Vario light? Those are expensive!! Is it good?

Cheers!

FirstCFbike

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2017, 07:15:24 AM »
Really nice... I get a few questions and comment:
- Question: please report on the Wahoo Bolt. I consider buying this or a Garmin Edge 820. It looks good!
- Another question: is that a Garmin Vario light? Those are expensive!! Is it good?

Cheers!

Front light is not Garmin... can't spend that kind of $$ on the light :) - Light is a much less expensive Serfas eLume 600 -Have not had the chance to take it out to test.
Rear light is a Knog Blinder Road R70 - This sucker is bright! 

Wahoo Bolt - I too was going to buy the Garmin 820.  Then I started seeing reviews and details on the Wahoo Bolt.  Since I had nothing and the bundle was about the same price.  I decided to go with the Bolt.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:54:51 AM by FirstCFbike »

SportingGoods

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2017, 08:25:31 AM »
Indeed, looking at the price difference between a Garmin 820 and a Wahoo Bolt the choice seems obvious. They are both very good GPS units.
I start to consider using a proper GPS unit rather then my iPhone because of battery life (iPhone 6 was A LOT better then my current iPhone 7) and GPS accuracy. Sounds stupid but I get proof that my Strava segments are not perfectly logged (one guy who was maybe 30s slower then me showed on Strava with 7s less  :o). And it would be less expensive to crash with a GPS then my iPhone :)

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2017, 09:01:02 AM »
Not to derail this thread, but I use a Suunto Spartan Sport HR to pair with my speed and cadence sensor. It's gps enabled so I don't need to take my phone and it connects pretty seamlessly to Strava. I've had some issues with my sensor dropping during the ride, but the GPS always keeps track accurately for Strava. I like this setup because I can use the watch for other stuff like running, trekking and mountain biking.

lRaphl

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »
I started logging my rides with a phone and a few weeks later I switched to a Garmin Edge 510. At that time, I was also looking at the Wahoo RFLKT but I'm glad I didn't take the Wahoo route. ;)

carbonazza

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
Indeed, looking at the price difference between a Garmin 820 and a Wahoo Bolt the choice seems obvious. They are both very good GPS units.
I start to consider using a proper GPS unit rather then my iPhone because of battery life (iPhone 6 was A LOT better then my current iPhone 7) and GPS accuracy. Sounds stupid but I get proof that my Strava segments are not perfectly logged (one guy who was maybe 30s slower then me showed on Strava with 7s less  :o). And it would be less expensive to crash with a GPS then my iPhone :)

This already derailed  so...  ???
I don't notice some time issue with the iPhone 7.
It is strange as you reach a coordinate at a certain time, well... unless the phone clock has something wrong.

My only complaint with the iPhone 7/Strava logging is the elevation measurement.
It shaves me between 20-30%, compared to my friends with an "approved" barometric device.
But I learned to live with it :)

FirstCFbike

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2017, 06:06:59 PM »
Could not resist... I will use this bike for now... but ordered another frame.  Once that one gets here, I will give this bike to my son (same height as me for now, he is 14 and still growing...)...

I went ahead and ordered the frame painted.  Asked to be painted just like this one (and again, no decals) - UD, some red, and the dotted pattern...

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2017, 11:05:59 PM »
That paint job is super slick! I'm excited to see where this build goes. Was it around the same price as your first frame?

FirstCFbike

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2017, 06:37:50 AM »
Second frame from them so they gave it to me for the same price.  It is usually 100.00 more for the paint.

SportingGoods

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 02:30:05 AM »
Funny, the Chiners fever!!!! Give your credit card to your wife before you order a third one  ;D

Well, because of you  ;), I just had my personal fever and bought the Wahoo Bolt. Let me explain (justify?). I did a XC Marathon last Saturday and, as an additional motivation, I told myself that I would buy the Bolt if I finish and arrive in less then 8 hours. I did 7:42 (almost 3000m vert. climb) so I am now waiting for it to arrive! I found a small discount (€10), hard to get any better on such a recent product.
The battery of the iPhone7 is really poor compared to my former iPhone6. I kept the phone in my bag (screen turn off then) and it got down to 20% battery after 8 hours running Strava. I would have been really frustrated if it had died before then end  >:(

Getting back to your bike, I love the design of your next frame. Looks great! But I'm sure the next one will be even better  ;D

FirstCFbike

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »
Funny, the Chiners fever!!!! Give your credit card to your wife before you order a third one  ;D

Well, because of you  ;), I just had my personal fever and bought the Wahoo Bolt. Let me explain (justify?). I did a XC Marathon last Saturday and, as an additional motivation, I told myself that I would buy the Bolt if I finish and arrive in less then 8 hours. I did 7:42 (almost 3000m vert. climb) so I am now waiting for it to arrive! I found a small discount (€10), hard to get any better on such a recent product.
The battery of the iPhone7 is really poor compared to my former iPhone6. I kept the phone in my bag (screen turn off then) and it got down to 20% battery after 8 hours running Strava. I would have been really frustrated if it had died before then end  >:(

Getting back to your bike, I love the design of your next frame. Looks great! But I'm sure the next one will be even better  ;D

It was a stretch just getting the second frame... no way I am getting a third one... wife does now even know I ordered the second one! ha!  It will take me a lot longer to build the second one as I need to wait until next year to buy anything else for it... I just hope I am home when this second one arrives so that I can hide it right away!! Buuuaaahahahahahhahahaha :)

FirstCFbike

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 10:30:05 AM »
Second frame is here

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:46:57 AM by FirstCFbike »