Author Topic: Road Carbon Frames  (Read 6260 times)

RoadClimber

Road Carbon Frames
« on: May 11, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »
Hi guys:
I am new to the forum but I have been practicing cycling for more than 5 years. I am currently trying to look for reliable vendors where I can purchase a frame and build my road bike. I have been reading all the posts about the different vendors but would like to hear from you. Have any of you purchased a carbon frame from a reliable vendor? Your help is strongly appreciated. On another note, have you heard about CarbonBikeFrame7? Thanks a lot for your comments. I am looking forward to hearing from you so that I can purchase a frame.

carbonazza

Re: Road Carbon Frames
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 04:09:55 AM »
You saw probably references from Peter and Workswell.
They have a good reputation here. And stand behind their products.
Some other vendors are good too although less known here like Dengfu.

Aliexpress has a very large offer, and if you check the comments/ratings from the buyers.
You can probably make good deals.

I would stay away from carbonbikeframe7
They sell blatant copies of known brands.
In Europe this can cost you a big fine for importing counterfeit goods.
And their MTB frames look very old.

lRaphl

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 12:34:57 PM »
I'm on my 5th season with my Dengfu FM-098. If the style works for you, I would defenitely recommand it. It's not the lightest frame available but it's reliabale and stiff. They now also have the FM-099 that accept 32c tires. My FM-098 is at 16.5 lbs with a Ultegra Di2 setup and 24mm carbon wheel from Farsports.

Only downside of this frame is the proprietary seatpost with a 1 bolt system but mine is holding up well. You could order a spare one or two if you feel uneasy about it.

I would also go with higher profile wheels (38mm to 45mm) if I was to do it again.

tripleDot

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:17:18 AM »
Got mine from Peter (Carbon Speed).  You can check my build by clicking here.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)