Author Topic: Dengu m06 Build  (Read 9221 times)

ArAddict

Dengu m06 Build
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
Hi, my first post here. Been reading alot and getting alot of tips before choosing my frame to build on since I grown tired of my current hardtail with a long chainstay and a 70" headset angel throwing me OTB way to often when I go for the more aggressive trails. Its a rocket on the easy flats but my riding style is mixed mostly XC, trails, Adventure Racing and MTB-O. For gravel and easy riding im always on my CX-bike.

Placed my order today on a 21" m06 after tossing lots of questions to Kelsey from Dengfu. The plan is to reuse all the stuff from my current hardtail (Cube ELITE SUPER HPC SLT 29 2014) and complete with a manitou macleod damper and some other stuff needed.

This is my first FS MTB build, only built a CX bike before. Will update this post as the build goes along, the goal is to build a fun FS bike hopefully under 10kg.

Pictures & Videos
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-va9X8su_l6T2xPZ1hCdmRRTXM

• Frame: Dengu m06 21"
  • Front Fork: Rockshox SID XX 2014 (reuse)
  • Rear Shock: Manitou MacLeod with Milo Remote
  • Rear Shock Bushings (upper):Manitou 8*22.2mm
  • Rear Shock Bushings (lower):Manitou 8*22.2mm
  • Headset:Dengfu
  • Groupset: SRAM XX1 1* 11(reuse)
  • Chain: SRAM XX1
  • Crankset: Race Face Next SL DM Carbon 34T 175mm (reuse)
  • Bottom Bracket: RaceFace Chinch BB92 (reuse, new 201705)
  • Brakes: Formula R1 Racing 180mm and 160mm (reuse)
  • Pedals: Shimano XTR (reuse)
  • Wheels: DT Swiss CSW MA 3.9 (reuse)
  • Tires:Tubless Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29*2.25 LS Pacestar front/rear
  • Rear hub adapter: DT Swiss e-true (konv x12 ==> 142*12)
  • Handlebar: Syntace Vector Carbon (reuse)
  • Grips: Ritchey WCS Truegrip X Locking (red)
  • Stem: Syntace F109, 31,8 (reuse)
  • Seatpost: CUBE Performance Motion Post. 31.6mm (reuse)
  • Saddle: fi`zi:k Tundra 2 MG (reuse)
  • Misc: Lizardskin black neopren chainstay guide(reuse)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:14:09 AM by ArAddict »

ArAddict

Re: Dengu m06 Build
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
-reserved-

ArAddict

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:53:23 AM »
Anyone know which bushings to order for the Manitou MacLeod for this frame with the standard fitted DU bushings on the damper ?

Klaster_1

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:47:38 AM »
Anyone know which bushings to order for the Manitou MacLeod for this frame with the standard fitted DU bushings on the damper ?
If you mean sizing, the rear is 22.2x8, front might vary, mine was 21.5x8, but other guys reported 21.85x8. Better measure everything yourself to be sure.

ArAddict

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 02:36:22 AM »
If you mean sizing, the rear is 22.2x8, front might vary, mine was 21.5x8, but other guys reported 21.85x8. Better measure everything yourself to be sure.

Thanks, I have ordered 1 x 22.2x8 and 1 x 21.8x8, lets see if they fit once all the parts arrive. I asked today about the status on the frame and got the reply that is being produced.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:58:08 AM by ArAddict »

ArAddict

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 01:21:39 AM »
All parts have been ordered from Bike24 and Bike-discount (updated buildlist). Latest news on the frame is that its being producred. Good thing im not in a hurry with this build.

adbl

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:28:23 AM »
One thing i've noticed when dealing with Dengfu, they seem to build frames to order. I ran into this when i purchased a road frame from them. The good thing about this though is they are not selling you a frame that was massed produced and just sitting around waiting to be sold. They build them one at a time when ordered and this gives you a chance to have a frame with any previous issues sorted out. You are getting the latest and greatest they have to offer in the frame you desire. Good thing is i have two bikes i can ride while waiting for delivery of my name frame  ;)

ArAddict

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 08:17:20 AM »
One thing i've noticed when dealing with Dengfu, they seem to build frames to order. I ran into this when i purchased a road frame from them. The good thing about this though is they are not selling you a frame that was massed produced and just sitting around waiting to be sold. They build them one at a time when ordered and this gives you a chance to have a frame with any previous issues sorted out. You are getting the latest and greatest they have to offer in the frame you desire. Good thing is i have two bikes i can ride while waiting for delivery of my name frame  ;)

Yes it seems like it, I was told 7-10 delivery time, but I guess that ment AFTER production and paint :). Im glad to recive a brand new produced frame since Im in no hurry, still riding the donor bike, a 8.7kg HT and waiting for all the other parts in the meantime.

ArAddict

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 04:05:23 AM »
Still no information from Kelsey about the frame being produced yet or not...sent a mail yesterday asking for status. This is quiet annoying since I only read good things about Deng fu, I hope they deliver it soon.

adbl

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 08:06:52 AM »
I know how you feel. My road bike from Dengfu took about a month before being shipped. You'll have to be a little patient with them. Even though it took a while for them to build and paint my frame, i never felt like i was being jerked around. Like we talked about before, they do build and paint them to order and you'll see that quality when you do receive your frame  ;D I'm not trying to think about my M06 coming right now. I'm thinking if i put it out of my mind and it shows up one day i'll be pleasantly surprised  ???

ArAddict

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
I know how you feel. My road bike from Dengfu took about a month before being shipped. You'll have to be a little patient with them. Even though it took a while for them to build and paint my frame, i never felt like i was being jerked around. Like we talked about before, they do build and paint them to order and you'll see that quality when you do receive your frame  ;D I'm not trying to think about my M06 coming right now. I'm thinking if i put it out of my mind and it shows up one day i'll be pleasantly surprised  ???

Got the same reply as last time, that its being produced. Its hard to be patience when you want something now :)

ArAddict

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »
Frame will be shipped tommorow according to Kelsey !

ArAddict

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »
Frame arrived last week but I been abroad so picked it up this morning. Unpacked it and it seems in good shape, quality looks perfect, no imperfections or so. Sofar only tested to install the manitou Macleod rear shock and it fitted with no issues with the bushings I ordered. Unfortunatly I ordered the wrong Milo remote kit which is for front forks and not rear so I need to order the correct one to fit a remote.

The problem now is my bike wasnt on my flight home yesterday so Im waiting for British Airways to deliver it to my house so I can start picking parts off my old bike.

Ill post pictures of the build here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-va9X8su_l6T2xPZ1hCdmRRTXM

adbl

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
Looks great! Looking forward to following your build to see how it differs from mine. You'll love the bike  ;D

ArAddict

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 01:56:35 PM »
Added more pictures of the progress today:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-va9X8su_l6T2xPZ1hCdmRRTXM

- Removed everything from the old frame and cleaned and greased groupset etc.
- Installed  RF BB92 Chinch bottom bracket , fitted without any issues to the frame (used parktools)
- Installed RaceFace Next SL crank (32T atm)
- Installed XX1 rear derailluer, new internal cable, new KMC chain and tuned the gears
- Installed rear Formula R1 Racing 160mm brake but realized the old hose (which didnt run internal was too short so ordered a new hose)
- Installed Rockshox SID XX fork, front Formula R1 racing 180mm brake
- Installed seatpost, stem, handlebar, grips etc

Todo:
- fix play in rear shock lower mount (0,5-1mm)
- bleed front brake
- install new hose and bleed rear brake
- tune suspension

So the bike is almost complete, rode it around the house wihout a rear break but found some play in the lower fitting of the rear shock, its only 0,5mm but I can feel it lifting the bike so will fit a nylon shim there tomorrow, then do some more testing and tuning. Too early for any first impressions but it does feel very different from my old HT with the lower, longer look and less agressive headangel..quality seems solid.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:02:08 PM by ArAddict »