Author Topic: Dengu m06 Build  (Read 9224 times)

adbl

Re: Dengu m06 Build
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
Looks great so far! Waiting for you to gt a good ride in and what your impressions are.

dopestar

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »
Nice build. Looking forward for this build to get finished. BTW, is that Cube frame from china as well?

ArAddict

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 08:48:58 AM »
Nice build. Looking forward for this build to get finished. BTW, is that Cube frame from china as well?

Thx, no the cube frame is from Cube, its a cube elite super hpc slt 29 2014, very stiff and light.

Did a testride today without rear brake and the bike gives a very nice first impression. Had to exchange the KMC chain for a XX1 since the KMC chain sounded horrible. Well the bike climbs well, fast handling and quite stable when pedaling hard. Ofc I need to break in and tune the Manitou MacLeod damper which atm feels kinda soggy ;) Still have some play in the rear damper bushing but a new one is on the way. Took the whole rear triangle apart to check but thats solid, just filled som more grease in the bearings.

Added some pics.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:17:06 PM by ArAddict »

adbl

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 03:34:11 PM »
I like the little video! I had issues with my chain as well. This is my first go around with Shimano mtb gear. I went with the 11 speed Shimano chain to go along with the XTR derailleur and hated it. Sounded like crap from the minute i installed it. Even checked the directions a couple of time to make sure it was spinning in the correct direction because it's a directional chain. The snap off pin is a joke!!! Needless to say the chain broke twice about 3 miles in the ride both times. Threw that chain out and went with a KMC. Silence..........Shifts perfectly too!!!

Klaster_1

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 11:12:12 PM »
Took the whole rear triangle apart to check but thats solid, just filled som more grease in the bearings.
Did you use torque wrench during assembly? If true, what torque value for those huge heads? Any photos? The 036 frame has recommended value printed on, but not the M06, I assume something in 10nm range should be enough.

ArAddict

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »
Took the whole rear triangle apart to check but thats solid, just filled som more grease in the bearings.
Did you use torque wrench during assembly? If true, what torque value for those huge heads? Any photos? The 036 frame has recommended value printed on, but not the M06, I assume something in 10nm range should be enough.

I did use a torque wrench and set em all around 6 nm, might not be enough but will recheck them after afew rides and tighten them to 8-9nm if not.

ArAddict

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 08:54:47 AM »
I like the little video! I had issues with my chain as well. This is my first go around with Shimano mtb gear. I went with the 11 speed Shimano chain to go along with the XTR derailleur and hated it. Sounded like crap from the minute i installed it. Even checked the directions a couple of time to make sure it was spinning in the correct direction because it's a directional chain. The snap off pin is a joke!!! Needless to say the chain broke twice about 3 miles in the ride both times. Threw that chain out and went with a KMC. Silence..........Shifts perfectly too!!!

Thx, I do need to get rid of the ht-standing-up-in-every-bumpy-section-habit :) Wierd my brand new KMC chain sounds and shifts terrible. I checked the wear on the old XX1 chain thinking perhaps the cassett needs replacment buts its well within the limits so ill use that until its time to replace cassett and chain, will also order an Absolute Black oval 34T chainring but it does look abit tight with the frame, anyone tested 34,36 or 38T chainrings on this frame ?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:56:49 AM by ArAddict »

adbl

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »
I run a 30T AB oval chainring. There is a lot of climbing here, especially technical climbing with a lot of square hits! I was surprised how closely the chainring is to the chainstay when rotated. I'd be shocked if a 34T clears. The oval shape definitely hurts clearance.

Boisare

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 12:54:22 PM »
I run a round 34t on a Sram GX crankset without any issue on M06!

ArAddict

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »
Did a 3h ride today, mostly in massive rainfall on trails  but I really like the bike alot! Handling is superb, it climbs well and handles well, I can really feel the slacker headangle when going up/downhill or over bigger roots and rocks, gives more confidence. The Manitou Macleod rear shock is getting smoother with each ride (needs 20+ hours to break in). The only thing I dont like about the shock is that its not solid on locked position it still gives around 5-10mm compression when pedaling hard. Perhaps it will get better when broken in properly? Still waiting for rear shock remote, longer rear brakehose to run internal and some small parts but overall its finished. Weight atm 10.3kg with 2.25 Rocket Rons pacestar.

ArAddict

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »
Bike is now 99% done, installed & bled rear brake, installed manitou macleod remote, lizardskin chainstay protection, new sidefeed bottlecage. Realized the bottlecage is still too close to the rear shock and remote since I need to have it installed forward for the remote cable, so ended up drilling new holes in a old bottle cage which worked well with the remote. Also changed the lower rear shock bushings from 21.8mm ones to 22.2mm which elimated the play. So all in all bike is now finished, last thing is the new red grips incoming next week.

Added afew picture to the google album linked in OP.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:15:37 AM by ArAddict »

Klaster_1

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 01:19:16 AM »
What's up with polished up inner surface of rocker arm where the rear shock busing goes to? Did you experience clearance issues too or that's what you had to do in order for 22.2mm wide bushing to fit? My RWC bearing scratches this part unless you move it in right direction.

ArAddict

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
What's up with polished up inner surface of rocker arm where the rear shock busing goes to? Did you experience clearance issues too or that's what you had to do in order for 22.2mm wide bushing to fit? My RWC bearing scratches this part unless you move it in right direction.

No clearance issuse, only that the 21.8mm bushings made the shock move alittle sideways, with the 22.2mm its solid. The polished inside om the picture looked like that from factory. I guess its the backside of where the bearing and bolt goes?

Added some short videos of todays ride to the OP album..sry for the low camera angle..I really the short chainstay , its very easy to just lift the frontwheel and put it in a better line at speed. Turns on a dime with weight behind the saddle :)

ArAddict

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2017, 07:10:15 AM »
Bike is somewhat on hold, non-driveside crankarm decided to give up (RaceFace Next SL), it seems the crankarm has delaminated from the axel..seems like a common issue on these 600$ cranks..good thing mine where 2nd hand and from 2014...SO i decided to replace the whole crank with something more durable, I never liked the Raceface bottombracket quality, they wear out quick. Ordered some reliable SRAM GX-1400 cranks with a 32T chainring (Already replaced the XX1 chain and cassett wwith GX components) and a Truvalvi GXP bottom bracket so now Im just waiting for it to arrive to be able to ride some more :) Im also thinking of replacing the 2014 SID XX 100mm fork with a 120mm FOX fork..i tested my brothers bike which has the new fox 34 rythm and man what a difference! but not sure yet.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:12:29 AM by ArAddict »

ArAddict

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 01:12:02 AM »
Got the missing parts yesterday and installed the new gpx bottom bracket and gx crankarms. Also changed the damper insert which was broken to a SID RL one with remote. Unfortunalty the insert came without the actual remote lever and cable but I did have a manitou remote lying around and it pulled the same amount of cable so I used that :)